The Anzac Day centenary is just three days away, and Australians are getting the irrits. Tony Abbott demonstrates his usual empathy. And Nicholas Fryer delivers a heartfelt ode to Scott Morrison.
In this podcast, there’s talk of storms, ships, terrorism and theology. And yes, Florida gets a look-in.
Thanks this episode to generous one-off contributors Luke Bunyip, Brendan Brooks and Richard Siggs. Much appreciated.
- Anzac centenary a ‘commercial juggernaut’, an insult to Anzac memory: historian, ABC Radio’s AM, 21 April 2015.
- NSW storms: flood evacuation order for south western Sydney suburbs â€“ as it happened, The Guardian, 22 April 2015.
- Over 700 people feared drowned in Libyan migrant boat disaster, ABC Radio National Breakfast, 20 April 2015.
- David Leyonhjelm rejects further assistance for families in new childcare package, ABC Radio National Breakfast, 20 April 2015.
- Peter Dutton on boat arrivals, ABC Radio National Breakfast, 20 April 2015.
- PM announces taskforce on ‘ice scourge’, ABC News, 8 April 2015.
- Florida teen recovering after Water moccasin bite to his face, Fox 13 Tampa Bay, 21 April 2015.
- “Camp Gallipoli – Australia” TV commercial.
- Camp Gallipoli official website.
- Minister says Woolies was not authorised to use the word ‘Anzac’ in failed campaign, Nine News, 15 April 2015.
- Turkish tribute to Aussie diggers, Seven News, 13 April 2015.
- Russell Crowe interview, Seven’s Sunday Night, 23 November 2014.
- Stoush ‘hindered Anzac terror plot inquiry’, SBS News, 22 April 2015.
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.
- Photograph of the Trinity atmospheric nuclear test, July 1945, by the US Government via Wikimedia Commons.
[Photo: Photograph of Austin Hatfield of Wimauma, Florida, courtesy of Fox 13 Tampa Bay.]