Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull becomes the conduit, no, the tunnel of love. We revisit the economic wisdom of Joe Hockey. Euroterrorism sprouts from Brussels. And guess who’s back?
In this episode, there’s talk of lizards and leeches, homeless people and hapless riflemen, Nicholas Fryer takes us through The Arch Window, and much more.
If you’d like to comment on this episode, please add your comment below, or Skype to stilgherrian or phone Sydney +61 2 8011 3733.
Thank you, Media Freedom Citizenry
This is the eighth and final episode produced as part of The 9pm Urgent Hardware Refresh, a crowdfunding campaign to replace my dying computer, and upgrade my audio recording kit. That campaign proved remarkably successful, for which I am extremely grateful. My thanks go to so many people, but for this episode…
The TWO MINUTES HATE were sponsored by MEDIA FREEDOM THOUGHT LEADERS Frank Filippone, Jeremy Black, and Snarky Platypus. The TONGUE LASHINGS were sponsored by A-GRADE EVANGELISTS FOR MEDIA FREEDOM Paul Williams, Gabrielle Davies, Ric Hayman, Cheryl, Syl Mobile, and Mark Walkom. The CASUAL VERBALLINGS were sponsored by B-GRADE EVANGELISTS FOR MEDIA FREEDOM Steven Clark, and Ross Nye. My sincere thanks also go to the unnamed MEDIA FREEDOM CITIZENS who contributed.
- Who’s who in Australia’s mandatory data-retention debate: Philip Ruddock, ZDNet, 9 March 2015.
- Turnbull launches phone app for Victoriaâ€™s homeless, 7 News, 29 January 2016.
- Malcolm Turnbull finds much to love as technology tackles homelessness, Sydney Morning Herald, 29 January 2016.
- People are buying Ferraris, Joe Hockey â€“ that doesn’t make them affordable, Greg Jericho, The Guardian, 12 June 2015.
- Joe Hockey’s Interview with Neil Mitchell, Mornings with Neil Mitchell, 3AW, 19 January 2015. This link is a transcript on Joe Hockey’s website, so it may well vanish.
- Fact check: Joe Hockey’s claim that people work half the year to pay income tax incorrect, ABC News, 4 February 2015.
- Hockey labelled out of touch for saying poorest people don’t have cars or drive far, ABC Radio’s PM, 13 August 2015.
- Oppn labels Hockey ‘out of touch’ for comparing GP co-payments to cost of beer, ABC Radio’s The World Today, 15 May 2014.
- It’s not a lack of self-control that keeps people poor, The Conversation, 22 September 2015.
- The surprisingly simple way Utah solved chronic homelessness and saved millions, The Washington Post, 17 April 2015.
- “Europe is now in a state of emergency… it is not only war, it is general war”: Bernard-Henri LÃ©vy aka @BHL, BBC Newsnight, 24 March 2016.
- The World’s Top Fighter Pilots Fear This Woman’s Voice, Bloomberg Business, 15 March 2016.
- “Bitchin’ Betty” Says Farewell: Beloved Voice Behind Boeing’s F/A-18 Super Hornet Retires, courtesy Boeing.
- David Mitchell on Tax Avoidance and the semen of a billionaire is from Adam Hills’ The Last Leg, via YouTube.
- Secret Service shows up after social media comment, NBC4, 18 March 2016.
- US man blows off his leg with legal explosives, Nine News, 26 March 2016.
- Nicholas Fryer may be found at nickfryer.net.
- Give Abbott an election role: John Hewson, Sky News Australia, 27 March 2016.
- … further links to come.
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.
- Photograph of the Trinity atmospheric nuclear test, July 1945, by the US Government via Wikimedia Commons.
[Photo: Screenshot of Tony Abbott on the campaign trail via Nine News, 27 March 2016.]