Yes, this episode of The 9pm Edict is hitting the internets just one week after the previous one. Crusader Rabbit explains in detail why he should stay on as Prime Minister. Everything seems to be a bit chaotic, and Malcolm Turnbull seems to know why. Ah, such joy!
In this podcast there’s talk of music, chaos, character and the Liberal Party’s problem with women, as well as sex with animals, and philosophy.
If you want your comment to appear in the next episode, I’ll need to receive by 1600 AEDT on Sunday 15 February 2015.
Everyone who subscribes before the end of February 2015 will receive a free ebook with my writings on surveillance, politics and the Five Eyes alliance. More details soon.
This episode, it’s welcome to no-one, because there’s been no new subscribers since the last episode. But many thanks to generous one-off donor Jonathan Ferguson, again. Much appreciated.
At right is the photo of health minister Sussan Ley MP that I mention. It’s by Fairfax media photographer Andrew Meares.
- Tony Abbott’s press conference, 0900 AEDT, 8 February 2015.
- Malcolm Turnbull’s second doorstop press conference, 8 February 2015.
- Sex with chihuahua story via FOX-29, San Antonio, Texas — although the original material seems to be from CBS-12 in Florida, so I don’t know how their syndication is working.
- Europe’s “The Final Countdown”, because obviously.
- “Yakety Sax”, the theme music from The Benny Hill Show.
- ‘Pick up artist’ abandons tour, leaves after wide backlash, ABC Radio’s PM, 7 November 2014.
- Crikey’s Spill 2015 live blog, with Guy Rundle’s comments on Teresa Gambaro.
- Tony Abbott ‘very confident’ he will still be prime minister next week, The Guardian, 5 February 2015.
- Philip Ruddock joke stolen from @DocEvatt.
- D:Ream’s “Things Can Only Get Better”, because obviously.
- Texas NRA leader: Teachers should be able to spank kids ‘so I don’t have to put a bullet’ in them, Raw Story, 7 February 2015.
- Caitlin Stasey’s unique proposal regarding animals in conflict zones.
- Tony Abbott’s second press conference for 8 February 2015.
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.
- Photograph of the Trinity atmospheric nuclear test, July 1945, by the US Government via Wikimedia Commons.
Update 14 February 2015: Edited to add deadline for audio comments.
[Photo: Screenshot of Tony Abbott’s morning press conference, 8 February 2015, via ABC TV.]