Planet Earth is dissolving into a replay of the Middle Ages. Crusader Rabbit is off his leash, with more mouth foam than a rabid dog full of dishwashing liquid.
In this podcast, there’s talk of cybercrime, civilisation, sodomy, and probing up the jaxie. Nicholas Fryer ponders the strange days of Australian politics. And there’s just a little too much information about teapots.
You can listen to the podcast below. But if you want all of the episodes, now and in the future, subscribe to the podcast feed, or subscribe automatically in iTunes, or go to SoundCloud.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:01:06 — 45.6MB)
If you’d like to comment on this episode, please add your comment below, or Skype to stilgherrian or phone Sydney +61 2 8011 3733.
Thank you, Media Freedom Citizenry!
This is the seventh of several episodes produced as part of The 9pm Urgent Hardware Refresh, a crowdfunding campaign to replace a dying computer, and upgrade my audio recording kit. That campaign proved remarkably successful, for which I am extremely grateful. My thanks go to so many people, but for this episode…
The TWO MINUTES HATE were sponsored by MEDIA FREEDOM THOUGHT LEADERS Paul Davis, Peter Sandilands, and two people who wish to remain anonymous. The TONGUE LASHINGS were sponsored by A-GRADE EVANGELISTS FOR MEDIA FREEDOM Trent Yarwood, Tristan Rayner, and oberonsghost. The CASUAL VERBALLINGS were sponsored by B-GRADE EVANGELISTS FOR MEDIA FREEDOM Jason Langenauer, Rashas Moustaches, and David Cake. My sincere thanks also go to the unnamed MEDIA FREEDOM CITIZENS who contributed.
The remaining sponsored content from The 9pm Urgent Hardware Refresh will finally appear in the “2015 Wrap” episode of The 9pm Edict, which will appear between Christmas and New Year.
Thank you also to Network Presence for another generous one-off contribution.
If you enjoyed this podcast, please throw a few coins into the tip jar or, even better, subscribe to make an ongoing contribution.
- Muslim Americans shocked by Trump and Carson comments, ABC Radio National’s RN Breakfast, 23 November 2015.
- Alec Baldwin interview from Two Angry Men, On the Media, 4 November 2015.
- Classic Trump: A Little Trump Music, by Hugh Atkin.
- IT salary not enough? Want to make Â£10,000 a DAY?, The Register, 8 December 2015.
- Innovation Statement: Government commits big money for ‘ideas boom’, Techly, 7 December 2015.
- Cyber crime: Preventing young people from getting involved, UK National Crime Agency.
- The 9pm Edict’s Public House Forum #2 is on 19 December.
- Australia’s Commission for the Future (1985â€“1998), entry at the Encyclopedia of Australian Science.
- Nicholas Fryer may be found at nickfryer.net.
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.
- Photograph of the Trinity atmospheric nuclear test, July 1945, by the US Government via Wikimedia Commons.
[Photo: The equipment used to record and broadcast this podcast, 10 December 2015.]