We revisit Cronulla and Sydney’s Sutherland Shire, the power base of Australia’s prime minister Scott Morrison, to find out what makes it tick. Nicholas Fryer asks some important questions. And we find out what a chicken and avocado pie — yes, that’s right — we find out what it tastes like.
We also hear about mushrooms, the true rules of life, Elon Musk, and the death of democracy.
Thank you, Media Freedom Citizenry!
The 9pm Edict is supported by the generosity of its listeners. If you enjoyed this podcast, please throw a few coins into the tip jar. Or even better…
Thanks this episode to David King, Jono, Karl Sinclair, Karloscar, Katrina Szetey, Kimberley Heitman, Peter Lieverdink, Richard Siggs, Ruben Schade, Simon Harris (who’s contributed at least seven times since the last episode), Sylvano, and an anonymous benefactor. Much appreciated.
- Stormy Daniels’ tell-all book on Trump: salacious detail and claims of cheating, The Guardian, 19 September 2018.
- Radio Atlantic: Is Democracy Dying?, 14 September 2018.
- Nicholas Fryer may be found at nickfryer.net.
- A certain poll concerning Elon Musk, 29 May 2018.
- The Rules, Bellevue Downtown Park, Washington, 17 September 2018.
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.
[Photo: Mushrooms photographed at Wentworth Falls on 22 March 2017.]