This episode it’s all about the year that was 2019, as it dissolves in unreality and disappears in a cloud of bushfire smoke.
You’ll also hear about scams, Boris Johnson, lightbulbs, Scott Morrison, sea pigs, Donald Trump, harlequins, Korea (both of them), rugby players, Passion Pop, Peter Dutton, and pornography.
Thank you, Media Freedom Citizenry
This episode itâ€™s thanks to the people who bought themselves CONVERSATION TOPICS. Thatâ€™s Big Iain. And those who bought TRIGGERS WORDS either individually or in sets of three. Thatâ€™s Dave Hall, Joop de Wit, Lucas James, Nick Andrew, and one person whoâ€™s staying anonymous.
Also thanks to Andrew Groom, Andrew Kennedy, Cheryl Thomas, Daniel Oâ€™Connor, Frank Fillippone, Ruben Schade, and two more people who are staying anonymous.
Donald Trump has become just the third US president in history to be impeached.
"Right now in a number of states the laws allow a baby to be born from his or her mother's womb in the 9th month. It is wrong. It has to change."
Crowd stares in silence as Trump explains lack of water in showers and dish washers.
09. How two housekeepers took on the president — and revealed that his company employed undocumented immigrantsThe same rule applied to the Bronx Colors-brand face makeup from Switzerland that Trump slathered on — two full containers, one half full — even if it meant the housekeepers had to regularly bring new shirts from the pro shop because of the rust-colored stains on the collars.
The undocumented housekeepers told us they had to check Trump's supply of orange face makeup. Now, the company that makes that makeup -- @bronxcolors -- is running a sale where you can get a discount on Trump's exact shade. ("BHC06").
Scotoplanes, commonly known as the sea pig, is a genus of deep-sea sea cucumbers of the family Elpidiidae, order Elasipodida.
Over-opinionated geek. It turns out the other guy rusted first. Opinions are mine, all mine. Get a goddamn warrant. he/him/his
"'Repent, Harlequin!' Said the Ticktockman" is a science fiction short story by American writer Harlan Ellison published in 1965. It is nonlinear in that the narrative begins in the middle, then moves to the beginning, then the end, without the use of flashbacks.
Road council workers in Melbourne have been caught allegedly scamming drivers by covering a ‘no parking’ sign and then removing the cover once a car is parked there.
16. A con man allegedly built a fake border crossing between Russia and Finland — and got paid to smuggle migrants to the ‘Finnish’ sideThe unidentified man swindled four migrant workers from South Asia last month, taking more than $40,000 from them in exchange for the promise of safe passage into the European Union, according to Russian news reports. Finnish broadcaster YLE reported that he took them on a roundabout route that, at one point, included walking them around a lake as they carried a boat.
If the links aren’t showing up, try here.
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.