February 12th, 2014

Sick of Wednesday now. Setting fire to it.

via Janetter for Mac

UsVsTh3m A parody Twitter account tricked The Guardian into claiming Shirley Temple was a big fan of post-punk band The Fall usvsth3m.com/post/763357262…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 7:33 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @jendudley: A giant film canister… for the toilet. You’re welcome. catchoftheday.com.au/event/36805/pr… [Disregard this woman. She is broken.]

via Janetter for Mac

Has someone put @DeptOfAustralia’s re-work of the anti-refugee “graphic novel” onto a web page yet?

via Janetter for Mac

@joshgnosis And novels, presumably. I confuse easily.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to joshgnosis

“GPS tracker with multi discrete shared an album with you.”

via Janetter for Mac

Nation-states don’t do “comics”, @joshgnosis, they do “graphic novels”. Apparently.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to joshgnosis

I might issue a comic book to explain how pointless you all are.

via Janetter for Mac

I think I might just start crying again.

via Janetter for Mac

I suppose I still have this quaint idea that @abcnews is our national broadcaster, informing the nation, rather than being a group blog.

via Janetter for Mac

I wonder if anyone at @abcnews has any idea how radar works, and how a radar signal becomes an image on a website. Anyone?

via Janetter for Mac

Look, @abcnews, if you type “bizarre weather radar australia” into Google Images, see what you get? google.com/search?q=bizar…

@duncanriley @GuardianAus If that’s the defence… I mean to say… [Crying.]

via Twitter Web Client in reply to duncanriley

Oh look! The ABC has become a HAARP blog! abc.net.au/news/2014-02-1…

via Janetter for Mac

And once I’ve done that, I’ll impale my own head on an iron spike and dance the macarena. Because this is our future.

via Janetter for Mac

I must stop caring about this stuff, and just let Thuh Meejuh fabricate their narratives and achieve their KPIs and pat their heads.

via Janetter for Mac

@AwareNetConnect I guess my entire point is that “rising tensions” may well be nothing more than “rising media attention”.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to AwareNetConnect

@AwareNetConnect Indeed. But a key question is “rising tensions”, as opposed to this week’s blip thanks to media pushing a racial angle.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to AwareNetConnect

Alright, I’m not quite finished.

via Plume for Android

Racial tensions deficit disorder.

via Plume for Android

RT @elronxenu Do they even have real estate in Doonside? I heard it was a no-go zone. [True. Riots daily.]

via Plume for Android

@demanrisu @GuardianAus I know, but “might” and “I hear” is… well… you know where I’ll go with that.

via Plume for Android in reply to demanrisu

I wonder if anyone has run a column on Doonside real estate prices yet. No?

via Plume for Android

I know, tho, that Doonside might as well be Bosnia 1994 or fucking Jupiter as far as @GuardianAus readers are concerned. Mythic elsewhere.

via Plume for Android

Jesus, @GuardianAus, the girl was (allegedly) gang raped. Just how fucking low would you have to be?

via Plume for Android

[Searching the railway station platform for racial tensions. Nope, just people waiting for a train.] @GuardianAus

via Plume for Android

But what the fuck would I know. I don’t have “unique browsers” as a KPI. Well done, @GuardianAus. Well done.

via Plume for Android

It strike me that it’s pretty fucking low to turn the gang rape of a 14yo into some media-fabricated “racial tensions”, eh @GuardianAus?

via Plume for Android

Serious question, @GuardianAus. What actual evidence do you have for “rising racial tensions”? You know, numbers and shit.

via Plume for Android in reply to GuardianAus

Sorry, @GuardianAus, what “rising racial tensions” are these? Why did you decide to become part of the problem? pic.twitter.com/dfFsESSbtz

via Plume for Android in reply to GuardianAus

GuardianAus Gang rape of girl, 14, leads to calls for calm amid rising racial tensions trib.al/Z3WsUqD

via SocialFlow (retweeted on 6:08 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Plume for Android)

If you missed @HDSANZ’s Hangout on Australia’s new privacy laws earlier today, the video is at plus.google.com/u/0/events/c53…

via Plume for Android

RT @parisba: That deteriorated fast pic.twitter.com/VoxcDca5LT [Yes. Yes it did.]

via Janetter for Mac

DPRK_News Preparations for Day of Shining Star underway. Celebrations to include meals of healthful soups and increased production of trade goods.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 5:29 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@SnarkyPlatypus eah I know, but I’m busy chatting up this bloke in Melbourne.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

ellehardytweets Copenhagen baby-giraffe moleskine

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 5:26 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@JackLScanlan I like being called “bub”, though. You can come back.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to JackLScanlan

RT @JackLScanlan: Hidden means the link ain’t workin’, bub. [Fuck ‘em then. They’re either publishing or they’re not. Arsehats.]

via Janetter for Mac

richardtuffin You running for PM Darryn? RT @Geelong_Mayor: Ready for Canberra! @DarrynLyons pic.twitter.com/dfhKZfwuSv

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 5:23 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Someone with a hidden Twitter account (why bother?) re-worked @SatPaper’s media kit blurb. It’s still clichés though. pic.twitter.com/Kuvp659PEe

via Janetter for Mac

dannolan fucking hell I had a huge lunch and now I can barely finish my lighthouse

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 5:18 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @sweis: Morning cryptofail: Just received a sales email from a large telecom offering me “six pre-personalized RSA key pairs”. [YES!]

via Janetter for Mac

jturner_ibrs I followed @5at5daily link to “pig eating camera” video, and then clicked to low grav tests on cats. you’re welcome youtube.com/watch?v=O9XtK6…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 5:13 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

God I love @TheNTNews. That is all.

via Janetter for Mac

TheNTNews 200 YEARS AGO TODAY, DARWIN WAS BORN.
3 YEARS AGO TODAY, THIS WAS OUR FRONT PAGE.
pic.twitter.com/AlJAlADAus

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 5:12 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

driverminnie Go ladies, go! pic.twitter.com/n7o6zp3ewC

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 5:11 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @j_hutch: Just realised I continually said the name of a company wrong during an interview. [Ain’t working in the media grand, James?]

via Janetter for Mac

I thought Thursday was Trollday. Have I missed a memo?

via Janetter for Mac

dannolan Someone wrote this sentence because Apple pulled a bitcoin app from the App Store pic.twitter.com/KmsYPzGbue

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 5:07 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

“Want”. “Need”. Such complexity.

via Janetter for Mac

amandapalmer quick! someone get this man a vagina RT @mpesce BUT I FEEL SO LEFT OUT

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 5:04 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Look, I just retweet them. I don’t explain them. (What’s an “Amanda Palmer”?)

via Janetter for Mac

amandapalmer IT’S VAGINA DAY!!!!!

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 5:03 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

jeamland Today is Pungenday, the 43rd day of Chaos in the YOLD 3180.

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 5:02 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@juhasaarinen Yeah, if I’d know the link was that bad I’d have gone into Sydney to get better internets. Sigh. Next time.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to juhasaarinen

MT @paulwiggins: A Guardian journalist and a standup comedian swapped places for a day? gu.com/p/3mjny/tw [And no-one noticed?]

via Janetter for Mac

lukehopewell I’ll be on @TheFeedSBS2 tonight with @ClaireRPorter and @marcfennell launching a new tech segment. Tune in, 6:30pm AEDT, @SBS2.

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 4:52 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

“How many software developers would it take to change a lightbulb?” Oh this is GOOD. tommorris.org/posts/8786 HT @shermozle

via Janetter for Mac

domknight@LowyInstitute: Why has Singapore succeeded? Pls join the discussion: lowyinterpreter.org/post/2014/02/1…” At what, exactly?

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 4:50 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@notrez I know. These people are hopeless.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to notrez

RT @jeamland: Has anyone charted the arrival times of @5at5daily? Asking for a troll… [I KNOW THAT TROLL!]

via Janetter for Mac

I tweeted about the goat simulator days ago. You people suck at internets.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @dannolan: @5at5daily @stilgherrian IT’S TOO EARLY [You’re complaining about knocking off early? You’re Unaustralian.]

via Janetter for Mac

5at5daily Just published: “5at5 number 8 | 12 February 2014” tinyletter.com/5at5/letters/5… Subscribe at tinyletter.com/5at5/

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 4:42 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Not these. Trust me.

via Janetter for Mac

sexenheimer The Herald Sun and I have very different definitions of the word ‘bombshell’. pic.twitter.com/XbO2Od8mFw

via iOS (retweeted on 3:58 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@zyzzyvamedia Yeah, you’re right. I’d like to hear their thoughts on broadband policy for Australia. Obviously.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to zyzzyvamedia

@Steve_Lockstep @iappANZ @OAICgov Have we got any sense for how quickly PII has to be deleted? Email archives are looking dodgy.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Steve_Lockstep

Steve_Lockstep At the @iappANZ @OAICgov “Wrap up”. James Kelaher: unsolicited is not to be retained under new AU regime.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:43 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Oh, this is very, VERY important! “Flappy Bird Think Pieces”: flappybirdthinkpieces.tumblr.com HT @Elmo_Keep

via Janetter for Mac

In the future, this is how we will make decisions. And by “the future”, I mean now. pic.twitter.com/QTk9tRE5SF

via Janetter for Mac

Next up, a Muzak-style arrangement of “Smalltown Boy”. IT JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER AND BETTER KILL ME NOW.

via Janetter for Mac

@dobes Well that’s because you’re a man of taste. At cloud scale.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to dobes

RT @dobes: @stilgherrian also, count the cybers in the quotes [Oh fuck me dead…]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @jdub: @stilgherrian @zdnetaustralia Is “reinvigorates” code for “signs giant cardboard cheque”? [How would commerce proceed otherwise?]

via Janetter for Mac

Noting that your corporate relationship lacks “vigour” and needs “reinvigorating” speaks volumes to the fears of middle-aged IT execs.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @zdnetaustralia: DSTO reinvigorates technology alliance program with IBM zd.net/MJPIl7 [“Reinvigorates”? The Big Blue pill?]

via Janetter for Mac

OK, I now officially declare Wednesday afternoon to be Completely Out of Hand.

s_bridges Pls RT pic.twitter.com/Bqv85Ol2X4

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 3:09 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

purserj Why is there what appears to be hipster fan fic in my stream?

via Hootsuite (retweeted on 3:08 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@drearyclocks I can do it in three words. “Bend over, relax.”

via Janetter for Mac in reply to drearyclocks

@skwashd Wherever that took me, it didn’t work. I suspect I am grateful.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to skwashd

There now seems to be some sort of Enya happening. It’s OK, though, I have something to drink.

via Janetter for Mac

I suppose these guys need a lighthouse, right? For their consumers. pic.twitter.com/jViZ1lclSJ

via Janetter for Mac

Yeah OK. the Google Images search that I just did should not have been done.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @shiftkey: what even is a light-house consumer? [Have you seen what shape lighthouses are? Well, that. All the way in.]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @dobes: At least I know what subscriptions I meant to buy for the significant other this year. [If you want to get punched, that is.]

via Janetter for Mac

And people wonder why I drink. Well done, @SatPaper.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @reselsnark: Do you have your female partner’s subscription receipts with you @stilgherrian ? @s_bridges [This could prove… difficult.]

via Janetter for Mac

Not at all stabby. Not in the least.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @s_bridges: *stabs self in face with broken beer bottle* pic.twitter.com/erOmeKBQi4 [WHERE DO I QUEUE UP?]

via Janetter for Mac

My current background music is Erik Satie’s “Gymnopedies” played on the Mellotron. Look, where do I start?

via Janetter for Mac

s_bridges This is easily the best video you’ll see today of a GoPro camera falling out of a plane and being eaten by a pig: youtu.be/QrxPuk0JefA

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 2:28 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

I agree that cultofthebewilderedsheep.com is excellent for me, yes, thank you @RealNickHodge.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @paulkidd: Yes, that’s the one. @mpesce twitpic.com/dv8n71 [How come HE gets a cult? With pleasure beads and everything!]

via Janetter for Mac

altmed_txt Do any doctors actually know what they are doing?? Head drilling and blood letting was once ‘normal’ - like vaccination today.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 2:18 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

That Brandis / Snowden piece reminds me of my “Yet another free pass for Aussie spooks”, 2011. Argument still stands. cso.com.au/article/401011…

via Janetter for Mac

“Snowden a threat to Australian lives? Brandis refuses to show proof”, writes @BernardKeane crikey.com.au/2014/02/12/sno…

via Janetter for Mac

tjeldridge24 I, for one, love Hippocrates. He was essentially the Father of Medicine. Don’t understand this kind of hatred. pic.twitter.com/LVUYDBBtH0

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 2:04 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Wot ? I was up against Clive Palmer at the National Press Club? I can’t compete with that!

via Plume for Android

BernardKeane Hearing rumours of a @profdavidflint & Schapelle morning show on 7. You heard it here first.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:35 PM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Plume for Android)

And the @HDSANZ Hangout on Australia’s new privacy laws is done, but you can watch the video on the event page at plus.google.com/u/0/events/c53…

via Janetter for Mac

The @HDSANZ Google Hangout on digital privacy begins in a few minutes. Lots to talk about. plus.google.com/u/0/events/c53… Hashtag is

via Tweetbot for iOS

Just half an hour to go until the @HDSANZ Google Hangout on digital privacy. Lots to talk about, I reckon. plus.google.com/u/0/events/c53…

via Janetter for Mac

DeptOfAustralia Hey, Australian Customs, you forgot to put words in your comic book. I’ll help. Here’s page one. pic.twitter.com/pjSgHbnEPb

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 11:25 AM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

TumblrTXT I can pretty much admit to being a necrophile without feeling guilty about it anymore.

via Buffer (retweeted on 11:06 AM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Just over an hour until @HDSANZ’s Google Hangout on Australia’s new privacy laws. That’s at 1200 AEDT. plus.google.com/u/0/events/c53…

via Janetter for Mac

Right, time to stop laughing at that man who, I am advised, is the leader of the opposition. I have a serious corporate thing to host soon.

bernietb ANOTHER ONE. pic.twitter.com/zcDA4T05a5

via MetroTwit (retweeted on 9:57 AM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

bernietb GONE! pic.twitter.com/FAvL712yU0

via MetroTwit (retweeted on 9:57 AM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

bernietb He is putting himself to sleep. pic.twitter.com/MXloR2PhvH

via MetroTwit (retweeted on 9:57 AM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

bernietb He is the most boring person imaginable, isn’t he? pic.twitter.com/mq5J4LVlW4

via MetroTwit (retweeted on 9:57 AM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Henceforth in Australia, 12 February shall be celebrated as “The Shortenyawn”, when we remember… oh… someth… zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

via Janetter for Mac

s_bridges ABC24 should go to the test pattern while Shorten speaks. Ratings would soar.

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 9:54 AM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

MT @BlogsofWarTech “Call My Wife”: Android Voice Calling Recognizes Relationships goo.gl/3DHpzt [Wife grabs phone, “Call mistress”]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @heldavidson: Abbott announces new closing the gap target: end gap in school attendance within 5 years. [Towing them back, where safe.]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @jeamland: Hey I know, let’s retrain all the SPC, Toyota and Holden workers to be IT journalists! [I AM SO FOR THIS PROPOSAL.]

via Janetter for Mac

Dear Internet Meme-Makers, here is the image in higher resolution. You know what to do. abc.net.au/news/image/525… pic.twitter.com/ALML1y6BP0

via Janetter for Mac

RT @oberonsghost: It’s the shortening, and it’s making very crumbly pastry. [Yesterday I called it “Labor’s leadership Short(en)fall”.]

via Janetter for Mac

HistoryNeedsYou I have just heard that is poorly in hospital.

Don’t be sad. Just think and ask his five questions pic.twitter.com/4DFCyDnAyU

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 9:36 AM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

And that, @bernietb, will have me laughing even harder for the rest of the day.

via Janetter for Mac

Dear Labor Party, I honestly and truthfully did not recognise a photo of your leader. I think you have a problem. pic.twitter.com/Fcx1kNT0l5

via Janetter for Mac

RT @bernietb: Pretty sure I will be giggling at this for quite some time. pic.twitter.com/Fcx1kNT0l5 [Truth: I had to look up who this was.]

via Janetter for Mac

@Phil_B7 @antloewenstein Which shitty dictionary are you using? Suggest you upgrade. (Also, a thing can be both satire and propaganda. Der.)

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Phil_B7

So the Honest Trailers trailer for the original “Robocop” is something that you should probably watch. youtube.com/watch?v=pGemfK…

via Janetter for Mac

MissPotkin Kid singing “It’s the final jam scone” to the tune of Final Countdown. I have NEVER been prouder.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:13 AM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

“JPEGs are the continuation of politics by other means.” — Carl von Clausewitz

via Janetter for Mac

This propagandapeg currently being handed around by some Labor people does ask an interesting question. pic.twitter.com/fk0ctvJJmx

via Janetter for Mac

@pevansgreenwood @charispalmer That’s probably because the article isn’t about systemic problems globally but about industrial policy.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to pevansgreenwood

@charispalmer @pevansgreenwood Indeed it is, and indeed there is. I’ll be citing that piece in a thing I’m writing later today.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to charispalmer

Beaker PC LOAD LETTER

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 8:48 AM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Fear not, @sylmobile, the privacy panel will be recorded and will be online within minutes of it finishing. plus.google.com/u/0/events/c53…

via Janetter for Mac in reply to sylmobile

Wed plan: Prepare then 1200 moderate @HDSANZ privacy panel plus.google.com/u/0/events/c53…; sort cashflow crisis; write for @zdnetaustralia; scream.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @michaelmeloni: Oh god, Flappycoin is becoming a thing. [OH TODAY IS UNFOLDING IS SO MANY WAYS BEYOND MY WILDEST DREAMS.]

via Janetter for Mac

@charispalmer I agree with the last par of that piece, by the way. In the context of our glorious government’s vision it’s spot on.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to charispalmer

Well that’s turned into a story commission.

via Janetter for Mac

@charispalmer Oh God I don’t think that! But the skills of running a modern assembly line, and logistics, translate to all manner of things.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to charispalmer

@charispalmer I know what the argument is, I just think some of the doom and gloom narratives are hilarious. You can punch me on Sunday.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to charispalmer

They must be shitting themselves over at Fishburners, what with their iOS code failing to compile because of those bastards at Toyota.

via Janetter for Mac

“If our blokes can’t watch robots welding a ute together then all the bionic ears and provably-correct embedded processors will explode!”

via Janetter for Mac

MT @charispalmer: “Losing the car industry means we risk our technology” theconversation.com/losing-the-car… [HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!]

via Janetter for Mac

So that’s every going according to plan then.

via Janetter for Mac

chrisberg if we were smart we could use this as a weapon of war

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:14 AM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

chrisberg having smashed one business model he’s smashing others willy-nilly

chrisberg tony abbott personally shutting down multinationals and handing workers their life transition documents

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:13 AM, Feb 12th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Waddlesday. I still feel dreadful. It’s your fault.