February 17th, 2014

I’m going away for a while now because pretty much everything in the entire universe is bullshit. As usual. Curling or no curling.

via Janetter for Mac

@kofeyh Apparently so, yes. But just don’t read your previous tweet aloud in mixed company. ;(

via Janetter for Mac in reply to kofeyh

@kofeyh Sorry, what are you actually asking there? I’m… confused.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to kofeyh

“Dear Sir/Mada, Greetings from Grand Hyatt Goa. Please find attached Purchase Order No. 27547. <purchase order.rar>” Yeah, nah.

via Janetter for Mac

Well I never did trust those fish.

via Tweetbot for iOS

OH: “I don’t know whether Robert Gottleibsen has had an original idea since he chose between lobster and caviar at lunch with Frank Lowy.”

via Janetter for Mac

I will retweet that OH with better spelling and grammar.

via Janetter for Mac

OH: “I don’t know whether Robert Gottleibson has had an original idea since choosing lobster or caviar at lunch with Frank Lowy.”

via Janetter for Mac

OH: “Is Tony Abbott the Dan Quayle of Australian politics?” meyerweb.com/other/humor/qu…

via Janetter for Mac

@oberonsghost @mpesce @R_Chirgwin I’m fairly sure that avoiding the rest of this conversation was the right decision too.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to oberonsghost

RT @bigmac: I like Islands that are closer. [Yeah I think I made the right decision. I am not on the boat. .]

via Janetter for Mac

@mpesce I think the word you’re looking for is “impale”.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to mpesce

Yeah sorry, @mpesce @dannolan, it’s been a hectic couple of days.

via Janetter for Mac

5at5daily Just published (sorry it’s late): “5at5 number 11 | 17 February 2014” tinyletter.com/5at5/letters/5…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 6:44 PM, Feb 17th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

paulwallbank To me South Stradbroke Island suggests mosquitoes, so sending the journos there for dinner kind of makes sense.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 5:50 PM, Feb 17th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

“Speed dating” session is over. Now to do a @5at5daily. Which I know is late, but not here in Queensland. You’ll live.

via Janetter for Mac

jason_a_w The Herald-Sun’s proposal for a new flag is pretty bold. pic.twitter.com/hIAATvkzGN

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 3:27 PM, Feb 17th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

firstdogonmoon The worst criminal government in History and bill shorten is still managing to be less popular than fungus

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 2:58 PM, Feb 17th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iOS)

ssharwood @riskybusiness says he consorts with communists in Byron Bay

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 2:58 PM, Feb 17th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iOS)

@ddowza @oknermin I interviewed @BarrettBrownLOL after the LulzSec arrests. He said something along those lines IIRC.

via Tweetbot for iOS in reply to ddowza

@ddowza @oknermin That issue of co-opting activist brands was discussed.

via Tweetbot for iOS in reply to ddowza

RT @oknermin: “Anonymous a brand… similar to Al Qaeda.” [Or Hello Kitty zdnet.com/beware-anonymo…]

via Tweetbot for iOS

The lunchtime panel discussion about security, surveillance and international politics. Can’t tweet. Eating.

via Tweetbot for iOS

gusworldau RLRT: “Show me on the network architecture diagram where he touched you.”

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 2:12 PM, Feb 17th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iOS)

And the radio is done. Alas, it looks like my recording decided to stop. I’ll have to see if @666canberra recorded it.

via Janetter for Mac

In a few minutes (1330 AEDT) I’ll be talking Bitcoin etc on ABC @666canberra, audio stream at abc.net.au/canberra/

via Janetter for Mac

RT @jturner_ibrs: “you can’t be happy if you’re making other people unhappy” - @rustyrockets [Oh, I don’t know about that…]

via Janetter for Mac

gusworldau Personal cloud area network, or PCAN? That’s nuts.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 12:50 PM, Feb 17th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@natecochrane @paulwfletcher The bit about KickStart being thusly named ‘cos we start the event by kicking someone, i.e. him, is missing.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to natecochrane

Here’s the text of @paulwfletcher’s keynote speech to yesterday. paulfletcher.com.au/speeches/other… I see a few bits are missing.

via Janetter for Mac

An hour from now (1330 AEDT) I’ll be talking Bitcoin etc on ABC @666canberra, audio stream at abc.net.au/canberra/

via Janetter for Mac

gusworldau To cut a long story short: much Sochi, so wireless.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 12:27 PM, Feb 17th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

ClaireRPorter How to Sochi: redundancy systems, survivability, capacity and scale, network visualisation, separate virtual network.

@mephiztopheleze @ClaireRPorter The CI-No is the CIO who keeps saying “No” to people’s requests for new services.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to mephiztopheleze

@Anthony_Caruana @ClaireRPorter That’s called “redundancy”. It’s a feature not a bug.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Anthony_Caruana

“The only gay in the olympic village…”

via Janetter for Mac

“Forbes Hack password shootout: Gmail vs Yahoo vs Hotmail vs AOL - whose users are smartest?” nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2014/02/17/for… Well played, @duckblog.

via Janetter for Mac

gusworldau Avaya talking about “clusters” in Sochi. You can add the missing word yourself.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 12:19 PM, Feb 17th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Avaya’s Luke Power is stepping thru their build of the Sochi Games networks.

via Janetter for Mac

Oops. It’s the “CI-Know” trend. Clifton has some great metaphors in his presentation. I’ll make sure to get some of this up.

via Janetter for Mac

Macquarie Telecoms’ Luke Clifton says the “CI-No” is a uniquely Australan phenomenon.

via Janetter for Mac

You know who else was a disruptive force?

via Janetter for Mac

We already have the words “mobility” and “disruption” in the first 40 seconds. And “particularly” about 5247 times.

via Janetter for Mac

The Communications session begins. Motorola Solutions, Avaya, Macquarie Telecom, BlinkMobile, Ruckus Wireless.

via Janetter for Mac

glengyron Yes. I think this too. RT @boltcomments: I kind of think that in Scott [Morrison] we may be seeing the next PM.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 11:22 AM, Feb 17th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

TumblrTXT if you attempt to put your lipstick onto boys they back away SO FAST. so like don’t say lipstick isn’t a weapon. you just gotta use it right

via Buffer (retweeted on 11:13 AM, Feb 17th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

SparksZilla “Sales is all about rejection, but marketing is about rejection at scale.” - @DanielleMorrill

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 11:12 AM, Feb 17th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

natecochrane RT “@gusworldau: Desktop as a service as a service” Service-as-a-Service - Drink!

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 11:10 AM, Feb 17th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

And into the Q&A at each table…

via Janetter for Mac

@666canberra I can, yes. Session finishes at 1330 AEDT / 1230 AEST. You may wish to also read crikey.com.au/2013/12/06/bit… zdnet.com/bitcoin-its-no…

via Janetter for Mac in reply to 666canberra

Ed Lenta, Amazon Web Services (following Riverbed?): “There is no compression algorithm for experience.”

via Janetter for Mac

“A global footprint, stamping on a human face, forever.

via Janetter for Mac

ssharwood Atlassian cited as an exemplar. If a successful does something, it must be more awesome than other business methods

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 10:36 AM, Feb 17th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

“I’m not just lazily retweeting everyone else’s stuff. How dare you. I’m curating.”

via Janetter for Mac

paulwallbank Given we’re talking cloud at it’s worthwhile reading my Chromebook review for some of the limitations businessspectator.com.au/article/2014/2…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 10:33 AM, Feb 17th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @jeamland: @RealNickHodge If the ABC ever brought back Backchat they should rename it Backchannel. [Or (Up the) Backpassage.]

jeamland Shouldn’t it really be Thought Leaders? I mean really..rs

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 10:30 AM, Feb 17th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Anthony_Caruana Rebuttal speaker for closing keynote. Will provide more answers than opening keynote. Skippy knows all pic.twitter.com/8d3VWuzprM

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 10:29 AM, Feb 17th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Ian Raper, Riverbed: “We have some exciting products, and I have a 98-slide deck to show you in the 10-minute Q&A.”

via Janetter for Mac

RT @ssharwood: Riverbed says we never quite get to the cloud. Always obstacles. Often human. [Hence firearms, etc.]

via Janetter for Mac

@darrenpauli I’ll be asking about that during the Q&A, tho these guys aren’t really at the application layer. It’s bytes and pipes.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to darrenpauli

RT @jplonie: Right. And has he shown you the cost to bring it back? [Oddly enough, no. ]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @alexkidman: Would it be easier if you mentally substituted “Clown” for “Cloud” every time it’s said? [More fun at least. ]

via Janetter for Mac

Dimension Data’s David Hanrahan is showing the costings of capex vs consumption for one of their own projects. Chart to come.

via Janetter for Mac

This first session is about Cloud and Infrastructure. I’ll be trying quite hard* to find something new being said.

via Janetter for Mac

@mm_bennett @3RRRFM Oh excellent, thank you. I’ll pimp it properly tomorrow morning and listen on the stream.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to mm_bennett

Writing “Paul Fletcher keynoting us yesterday” just then, iOS changed it to “key nothing”. Fair enough.

via Tweetbot for iOS

@SnarkyPlatypus Bonjour. Je me soumets à l’inévitable. Et vous?

via Tweetbot for iOS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

RT @jeamland: This will help: pic.twitter.com/bDt4URUQtA [Well this looks practical, at least.]

via Tweetbot for iOS

Mon plan: Tech Leaders Forum Day 2 thru to late kickstartforum.com/kickstart-2014/ ; operating on Queensland time today; it’s 0700.

via Tweetbot for iOS