February 18th, 2014

Transmitters off, see you in Sydney.

via Plume for Android

Just recorded a little spot about internet copyright violations etc for ABC @702sydney and NSW, going to air after the 2000 AEDT news.

Here’s @JasonClareMP’s speech from at lunchtime today. bit.ly/1jzbm6B

via Tweetbot for iOS

@ClaireRPorter @jboyded @JasonClareMP Sorry, look to your 9 o’clock. You’ll see a running camera.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to ClaireRPorter

ClaireRPorter Clare has done his research. He knows how to read a crowd, unlike Fletcher who seemed to come here just to say “f*** you”.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 2:09 PM, Feb 18th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

While the Abbott govt still seems to be in opposition destructo-mode, Clare is already talking like the alternative government.

via Janetter for Mac

ClaireRPorter Jason Clare comes out swinging at :”We can’t just rely on citizenship ceremonies to expand tech sector”. Take that, Fletcher

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 1:58 PM, Feb 18th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@jpwarren It’ll be in @crikey_news tomorrow, I think. I’ll be confirming that later today.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to jpwarren

Clare: “The NBN now is effectively dead. It’s not a national broadband network, at least not as people expected.”

via Janetter for Mac

I’m not really tweeting this speech. I’m watching Clare’s style and performance. He’s pretty much pwning the tech journos.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @natecochrane Seems no one told @JasonClareMP the full story why Silicon Valley exists [NO DON’T TELL HIM ABOUT THE ALIENS!]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @ssharwood: Jason Clare shadow comms minister adopting a lighthearted approach [It is needed and, it seems, appreciated.]

via Janetter for Mac

Now, the final thing for … On stage is Jason Clare, Shadow Minister for Communications.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @dobes: I’d crowdfund the heck out of a Kudelka sashimi platter tour [AND SOME SKYWHALE!]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @dobes: Sorry, but Kudelka has the best coverage today. [Depends how thinly we slice him, surely?]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @bigmac @stilgherrian clearly you need to explain it to them in diagrams :-) pic.twitter.com/i6X7qlQDFm [Well exactly.]

via Plume for Android

Being slapped down by Gartner’s Kristian Steenstrup. I mean, they WROTE the Magic Quadrant for Sarcasm as a Service.

via Janetter for Mac

paulwallbank @stilgherrian @adam_turner you guys would be in the upper right hand Gartner quadrant for Snark as a Service

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 12:21 PM, Feb 18th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

nonstoptom AFP use search warrant to raid Channel Seven over Corby interview. Hope they’re not looking for journalism.

via Facebook (retweeted on 12:06 PM, Feb 18th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

North Korea prepares to launch another SongPhil-6 ICBM…

via Janetter for Mac

RT @adam_turner: Sarcasm as a Service [Well you’d be offering four-9s SLAs for that, wouldn’t you.]

via Janetter for Mac

Indeed, @Anthony_Caruana, I meant more that iiNet Labs’ future of devices will be ZigBee.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Anthony_Caruana

Anthony_Caruana @stilgherrian ZigBee built into a lot of smart meters already. So, the tech is already in millions of homes in Aus already

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 11:38 AM, Feb 18th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @spewen: I feel as though the buzzword bingo is not as strong as expected this morning. [We built immunity.]

via Janetter for Mac

Simon Watt, R&D manager, iiNet Labs, says BoB Lite and BoB2 will soom be end-of-life. Future will be ZigBee.

via Janetter for Mac

James Boddam-Whetham: CEO, Noggin IT: “We help people thrive during disruptive events.” Uhoh.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @gusworldau: A preso called “The Road To HAL9000”. Now we’re talking. [I’m afraid we can’t do that, Gus.]

via Janetter for Mac

Daniel Friedman, president/CEO of Ninja Blocks, runs through the entire history of Artificial Intelligence. In two minutes.

via Janetter for Mac

Problem with IoT in industry is there’s already a paradigm. Engineering Operations. It’s 100yo, it’s now things are done.

via Janetter for Mac

Steenstrup reckons the most numerous IoT things will be LED lighting. [Shut up, @mpesce, I hate you.]

via Janetter for Mac

Gartner’s Kristian Steenstrup reminds us: the Internet of Thinks, like space, “is big. Really big. You just won’t believe…”

via Janetter for Mac

OK, something specific: a call for open standards for interconnecting all the things. I agree.

via Janetter for Mac

Apparently things come in many kinds.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @ssharwood: panel at the hype is flowing thick and fast already [I like it thick and fast, don’t you?]

via Janetter for Mac

As Danny Morrison from NetComm Wireless says, this is about M2M. For anyone who’s worked in public health, this is hilarious.

via Janetter for Mac

OK, the Internet of Things session is kicking off. Only 7 minutes late, and with only a small amount of irony.

via Janetter for Mac

The general consensus at is that this is an excellent idea. pic.twitter.com/n1dLIpP1wD

via Janetter for Mac

OH: “I must have gone to bed too early, because I saw the tweets but I don’t now what they’re about.”

via Janetter for Mac

paulwallbank It looks like some of the vendors could sell the hotel a new microwave link. @..instagram.com/p/kiRrswxEO-/F2

via Instagram (retweeted on 10:42 AM, Feb 18th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

paulwallbank Oh dear, it seems hasn’t been activitated. @ MacArthur Ballroom instagram.com/p/kiQ4zkxEN6/

via Instagram (retweeted on 10:42 AM, Feb 18th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @xntrik: “You Can Still Make A Fortune From Security Scams” well done Lifehacker.. Well done feedly.com/e/7sx0U653 [Well, you CAN.]

via Janetter for Mac

@dawnstarau Oh you will get some, I’m sure. 1000 AEST session is The Internet of Things. 1230 is Jason Clare keynote.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to dawnstarau

RT @jeamland: Current status: Pulled pork sandwich. [That’s not a very good euphemism, really.]

via Janetter for Mac

@dawnstarau This morning’s sessions start at 1000 AEST / 1100 AEDT, ‘cos most people went to a “Castaway Dinner” on Stradbroke.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to dawnstarau

There’s some very bedraggled journalists starting to shuffle in for breakfast.

via Tweetbot for iOS

Tue plan: Tech Leaders Forum Day 3 kickstartforum.com/kickstart-2014/ ; do a @5at5daily; 1720 AEST JQ421 OOL-SYD; remainder TBA.

via Tweetbot for iOS

RT @glengyron: Scott Morrison is actually evil. [And anyone who enabled his slide into the ministry is implicated. Scales, lift from eyes!]

via Tweetbot for iOS

RT @R_Chirgwin: @stilgherrian Masked lapwings, you mean? [I didn’t see what they were wearing, sorry.]

via Janetter for Mac

It appears there’s also some American thing using the hashtag, but theirs just seems to be whinging.

via Janetter for Mac

When the lapwing plovers realise they can create their own internet…

via Janetter for Mac

sylmobile When the young people realise they can create their own internet…

via Polly (retweeted on 7:32 AM, Feb 18th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

“Angela Merkel backs EU internet to deter US spying”, reports @FT ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/d…

via Janetter for Mac

gattaca I just used wget. A moment later I heard a police siren in the distance. I feel like such a rebel.

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 7:24 AM, Feb 18th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@mpesce @earleyedition Well that sounds much better than South Stradbroke Island at least.

via Tweetbot for iOS in reply to mpesce

Yeah OK, I’m finished now.

via Tweetbot for iOS

@jeffsonstein Yes, that’s our Minister for Education and Manager of Parliamentary Business. He’s wonderful*.

via Tweetbot for iOS in reply to jeffsonstein

@earleyedition @mpesce I skipped going to Straddie, as you call it, last night. I have yet to see the damage it wrought on the others.

via Tweetbot for iOS in reply to earleyedition

Tue plan, draft: Tech Leaders Forum Day 3 kickstartforum.com/kickstart-2014/ ; do a @5at5daily; 1720 AEST JQ421 OOL-SYD; remainder TBA.

via Tweetbot for iOS

Fuck. I have lost it today.

via Tweetbot for iOS

altmed_txt The more Light you can store in your body, the higher your vibration will become. time to reAwaken our pineal gland as a cosmic antenna.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 6:17 AM, Feb 18th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iOS)

Yip! Yip! Yip! Yip! Yip!

via Tweetbot for iOS

It’s a shame Pyne isn’t going. I’d like to see a headline about the Poodle amongst the Corgis.

via Tweetbot for iOS

Perhaps Boy Alex wants to flog Her Majesty some Huawei kit.

via Tweetbot for iOS

If Alexander Downer is visiting the Queen, will he get ASD to have a squizz first to see how much he can talk her down for a knighthood?

via Tweetbot for iOS

I did pasterise all the clocks, @earleyedition, but my fingers are still infected with the future. This must be what happened to @mpesce.

via Tweetbot for iOS in reply to earleyedition

“By the plover vested in me I’ll wring the fucking little troll birds’ necks.”

via Tweetbot for iOS

RT @sylmobile: @stilgherrian hang on - 05:00AEST? [Oh that. Yes. 0500 AEST. My finger missed the thing. Everything is a blur. And plovers.]

via Tweetbot for iOS

Why can’t those arsehole troll birds at least wait until the sun is up?

via Tweetbot for iOS

Well here we all are then. It’s Tuesday. And it’s still Queensland. And it’s 0600 AEST. And those lapwing plovers out there can fuck off.