February 22nd, 2014

@yinettesys Those of us who grew up in the Cold War are kinda used to the early-phase atomic rhetoric.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to yinettesys

@yinettesys Oh last year? No, that’s the regular sabre-rattling to get aid. Don’t worry about that. Just set your watch by it.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to yinettesys

@yinettesys Actually, Soviet nuke tests were only just getting under way during the war. The US could’ve glassed NK and gotten away with it.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to yinettesys

@yinettesys China didn’t have nukes until the mid-1960. Russia did at the time of the Korean War, but not many.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to yinettesys

@yinettesys There were discussions of nuking North Korea at the time.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to yinettesys

TheOnion German Leaders Quietly Confident They Could Pull Off Another Holocaust If They Ever Really Wanted onion.com/1butZsP

via Hootsuite (retweeted on 8:42 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@yinettesys Hey, be angry. But if Korea kicked off again it would be very, very messy.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to yinettesys

@yinettesys And in terms of enough fissile material for a good handful or two of nukes. Probable bio and chem capability too.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to yinettesys

@yinettesys Ah, the “sentence first” theory of justice. Anyway, have a squizz at a map. Central Seoul is just 30km from the border.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to yinettesys

@yinettesys So, the justice comes before the labelling as criminal…

via Janetter for Mac in reply to yinettesys

I have no idea what’s going on.

via Janetter for Mac

@dananimal And it’s going to get a lot harder before it gets better, is how I feel the consensus is developing.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to dananimal

@GordyPls @kcarruthers I know I’ve ruined many things but not everything. But then I’m crap at journalism.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to GordyPls

@dananimal I have no actual knowledge, but hey pentesters tell me everything’s vulnerable. It’s more down to processes in the org that tech.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to dananimal

[UK] “Prehistoric forest uncovered by storms in Cardigan Bay - in pictures” theguardian.com/uk-news/galler…

via Janetter for Mac

tomscott I found a photo of the last time Team GB won the Men’s Kerning. It’s not from years ago, they were all just hipsters. pic.twitter.com/gQCdV0xtfY

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 7:28 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

AnthonyClarkAU Exclusive pic: modern family cast on harbour bridge pic.twitter.com/Evu4KY5Wr6

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:26 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

R_Chirgwin “I’m an Internet libertarian, so I’ll decide what a word means and you slum-dogs will fucking well obey me.”

via YoruFukurou (retweeted on 7:24 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Does anyone want to open a book on when someone in PMC decides “enough is enough” re the cabinet papers thing and leaks a crateload?

via Janetter for Mac

@phbarratt @najtaylor The Wikipedia entry calls PNAC “extinct” as of 2006. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_f… I’m not shedding a tear either.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to phbarratt

@sleepingdingo The rationale is to exclude known “troublemakers” from one venue being able to get into another.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to sleepingdingo

junyer Also, it is pronounced “jaffe”. “@parisba: Safari is not affected by the Apple security gaffe, FYI. It performs additional checks. […]”

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 7:11 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@dananimal Oh yes! A lot of what I did was before we knew the level of FBI infiltration. If I can get someone to pay for it, I’ll re-visit.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to dananimal

@najtaylor @phbarratt That’s a standard screen from the cPanel hosting environment. Usually means they haven’t paid their bills.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to najtaylor

Here’s a solid obit for Ms Dawson from @meadea. At least someone’s got some sense today. theguardian.com/world/2014/feb…

via Janetter for Mac

@R_Chirgwin Yes, Mr Shakespeare documented and perhaps created slabs of vernacular Early Modern English. Played to balcony and stalls both.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to R_Chirgwin

@sleepingdingo I know stories have been done on it, but not by me. The AIC also has a paper on whether it cuts down crime (it doesn’t).

via Janetter for Mac in reply to sleepingdingo

@dananimal BTW, here’s that conversation with Barrett Brown. Not sure how well it holds up. zdnet.com/anonymous-crip…

via Janetter for Mac in reply to dananimal

@dananimal Thanks, tho I’d hardly call what I do “investigations”. Merely conversation that go a little way past the headlines.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to dananimal

@R_Chirgwin Oh Hamlet is glorious. Tho its ritual dissection by uninterested 13yo boys took a long time to overcome.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to R_Chirgwin

@dananimal True. Brown’s an interesting chap. I interviewed him about four months before his arrest. His head was in a curious place.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to dananimal

mrgrumpystephen Hey have we solved this troll thing yet because I gotta go out for dinner soon

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 6:34 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@SoftKittyWarm @Colvinius Yes, I do love* how quick it is to get an understanding of what happened.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SoftKittyWarm

@Colvinius [Nods.] The next few days will not be a pretty sight.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Colvinius

@dananimal Barrett Brown’s case is blurry, though, because he was also associated in some way, it seems, not an independent journalist.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to dananimal

@dananimal That search can’t be right. I know @abcnews has run stories about Barrett Brown.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to dananimal

@R_Chirgwin Thank you. That scholarship to an elite private school was good for something after all.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to R_Chirgwin

@Colvinius There are personal reasons for me to be angry. I’ll tell you some time.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Colvinius

@Colvinius Again no argument. My whinge is really triggered by the way one poor woman’s death is being turned into a narrative within hours.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Colvinius

joshgnosis Getting media requests to talk about Charlotte Dawson’s tragic passing. I’m really not qualified to speak about it, so I won’t.

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 6:18 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@Colvinius Indeed. No argument with any of that. But I do feel that the balance is wrong more often that it’s right.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Colvinius

Oh bravo. Bra-fucking-vo.

via Janetter for Mac

zerogeewhiz Oh, look, pointless media cross to halfwit journalist outside a dead person’s flat. Good job, meeja.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 6:11 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

No, journalists would never forget that their audience consists of all the people beyond their circle of peers. That would never happen.

via Janetter for Mac

Just as I’m sure that journalists won’t perk up when a news masthead gets hacked, having previously glossed over the constant info battles.

via Janetter for Mac

Just as I’m sure that journalists won’t focus relentlessly on their own in jail in Egypt, as opposed to myriad other political prisoners.

via Janetter for Mac

I’m sure that the media won’t focus solely on an apparent suicide of one of their own, as opposed to the other 43 nameless ones today.

via Janetter for Mac

“The funeral baked meats did coldly furnish forth a slide for SMEGs’ presentation most fresh.”

via Janetter for Mac

Glad you’ve waited until her corpse is, well, not cold, but at least kinda lukewarm, before squabbling and using it as a canvas for polemic.

via Janetter for Mac

Pro Tip: ClamAV provides useful information if you select some sort of output option.

via Janetter for Mac

Wow that coronial inquest was quick. I didn’t even know the Coroner held hearings on Saturday afternoons.

via Janetter for Mac

Yeah but I still saw it.

RT @oberonsghost: Can it strip paint? [I doubt it can even do that.]

via Janetter for Mac

I suspect this was a mistake.

via Janetter for Mac

@scottcarson1957 You’re bringing back some terrible memories now.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to scottcarson1957

“This wine is a perfect match for meals with a bit of spice,” it says, which translates as “Before drinking this wine, destroy your tongue.”

via Janetter for Mac

Oh no, here we go. “Contain sulphites”? Yes, I can at least vouch for that.

via Janetter for Mac

So first impressions are… erm… I’m not sure… I’m thinking I might have lost my sense of taste.

via Janetter for Mac

Opening a bottle of Côtes du Rhone Grenache Syrah that was $12 at Liquorland but also on a “buy 1 get 1 free” offer. Check up on me later.

via Janetter for Mac

@scottcarson1957 Glass jaw, man… That’s a fair description of 1-2-3 and we all know it.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to scottcarson1957

RT @adam_turner: Finally got carpet in my downstairs office [Are you sure?]

via Janetter for Mac

@maldamkar @karalee Eh, I have no idea either way. But thanks for the compliment. @karalee is the nice one here though.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to maldamkar

@karalee Yeah, it’s a pretty well-rehearsed routine.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to karalee

@scottcarson1957 Ah yes, a traditional customer service model.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to scottcarson1957

tyler_bunch When one DOES dance with the devil in the pale moonlight, is it appropriate to lead?

Or, is it more of a mosh pit thing?

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 4:31 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

firstdogonmoon Somewhere in the forest, Bill Shorten is curled up sound asleep in a hollow log.

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 4:25 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

johnb78 “DOIN SOCIAL MEDIA RITE: A Primer For Joumalists” pic.twitter.com/8DwzyQH1nD v/@dannolan (contains no Papworthless)

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 4:16 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Michelle9647 Hilarious RT @YourAnonNews: Greece intercepts Israeli arms shipments to Iran ow.ly/tSzF5 (Yes, you read that right.)

via Hootsuite (retweeted on 4:16 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@MikeCarlton01 @feed_the_chooks It is genuinely hilarious and disturbing all at once.

via Plume for Android in reply to MikeCarlton01

feed_the_chooks “Look, you can profile me but on the condition that you only write that I’m a preternatural sex Titan”

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:41 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Plume for Android)

MikeCarlton01 Oh Lord. Christopher Joye from the AFR flings himself, panting, into the warm, sticky embrace of John Ibrahim…smh.com.au/nsw/mr-sexy-an…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 3:41 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Plume for Android)

@JM77 @terencehuynh It’s mostly Xeon-related, forget just now what the rest of it is.

via Plume for Android in reply to JM77

@terencehuynh Thanks. It’s all a bit ad hoc, but I think plans will work out OK.

via Plume for Android in reply to terencehuynh

@terencehuynh There’s an Intel gig on Tuesday, and I decided to stay on for a couple days.

via Plume for Android in reply to terencehuynh

So have I given people sufficient warning that I’ll be in Melbourne from Monday night through to Thursday lunchtime?

via Plume for Android

feed_the_chooks “John Ibrahim smelt alluring. Like a cross between the ocean and the Holy Trinity. Don’t ask me how. It was a miracle.” ~Christopher Joye

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:16 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Plume for Android)

Well, more than just the once.

via Plume for Android

I overdosed on adjectives once.

via Plume for Android

feed_the_chooks Joye, step away from the adjectives. Slowly. With your hands raised.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:14 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Plume for Android)

feed_the_chooks *not a real quote

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:11 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Plume for Android)

feed_the_chooks “John Ibrahim is a miracle, a cosmic furnace. It’s as if God fucked Fortune and created something new” ~Christopher Joye*

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:10 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Plume for Android)

feed_the_chooks “worry my dictaphones aren’t catching Ibrahim’s diction, which rhythmically races along like a freight-train picking up momentum.”

feed_the_chooks “…with tight coffee-gold coloured skin and dark eyes with the same golden glint.” *blushes*

feed_the_chooks “And he’s distinctively handsome, almost mesmerisingly so” this profile nauseated me

OH, man to wife: “Don’t you get any ideas about giving suggestions or making comments.” Erm, yes, Sir.

via Plume for Android

OH: “Could I have a tequila with half lemon squash, half lemonade, like the other girls are having? It tastes just like Yellowglen.”

via Tweetbot for iOS

@nancycato1 Thank you. I’ll find some time in the coming week.

via Tweetbot for iOS in reply to nancycato1

phbarratt Given the behaviour of some very public Christians here, not surprised to hear Mugabe goes to church every Sunday.

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 2:06 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Tweetbot for iOS)

DailyDogeNews holy crap, erowid accepts Dogecoin. this is a big deal guys: goo.gl/AIS1Wi

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 2:00 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Tweetbot for iOS)

@Colvinius Just leave it at the kidney, please, Mark. You’ve had quite enough of other people’s organs for now.

via Tweetbot for iOS in reply to Colvinius

@SnarkyPlatypus They’re phoning in spurious bids to up the sale price.

via Tweetbot for iOS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@nancycato1 @PollHereford Indeed. I think I may update something I wrote a few years ago. Next week.

via Tweetbot for iOS in reply to nancycato1

RT @NewtonMark: @stilgherrian Depends. How brown are the drinkers? [Naughty…]

via Tweetbot for iOS

@SnarkyPlatypus Well, it all comes down to intent, doesn’t it. “Malice aforethought” and all that.

via Tweetbot for iOS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

Just checking… It’s still illegal to put rat poison in people’s drinks, right? Even with Brandis as Attorney-General?

via Plume for Android

@bernietb True, I forgot that the aim is self-promotion and bewilderment with spinning graphics to inhibit learning, creating dependence.

via Plume for Android in reply to bernietb

Well there’s another new slide for the PowerPoint deck.

via Plume for Android

@scottcarson1957 I’m not sure whether to congratulate you for that or complain.

via Plume for Android in reply to scottcarson1957

@nancycato1 @PollHereford @SnarkyPlatypus Oh that F word has been kicking around a bit lately. I’ll have to read your stuff.

via Plume for Android in reply to nancycato1

“Cameron Diaz Encourages Women to Keep Their Pubic Hair in Her New Book”, which seems as good a place as any. languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=10511

via Janetter for Mac

Pandamoanimum How to completely fuck someone off with just a single pound coin. pic.twitter.com/seXSrmKhRd

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:23 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@GordyPls @joshgnosis Really? I thought it was pretty lame. Oh well. Thanks.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to GordyPls

@joshgnosis So in this case a “digital release” really does mean pulling your finger out. (Sorry.)

via Janetter for Mac in reply to joshgnosis

@nancycato1 @PollHereford @SnarkyPlatypus Hey, I’m happy to stand by my words. He can ask me to “step outside”.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to nancycato1

@PollHereford @nancycato1 @SnarkyPlatypus On the whole, the Swedish Death Metal Band would be the better option.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to PollHereford

Philip_Gomes Strapped a GPS device to the bike for today’s ride and didn’t make a single incursion into Indonesian waters. pic.twitter.com/7Mex0PFoGZ

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:03 PM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

SnarkyPlatypus ‘Ministers Gone Wild’

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 11:57 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

BT @SnarkyPlatypus: If you bred Brandis and Morrison, you could have the ultimate arsehat minister. [Plus a fortune in Blu-Ray sales…]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @ssharwood: @stilgherrian you wanna come over and lick it off? Or sponge me? [Surely the answer to that question is obvious.]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @ssharwood: Cooked at little athletics BBQ. Now to wash off 2.5 hours of bacon and sausage grease. [No. Don’t rush, Simon…]

via Janetter for Mac

sylmobile Why did Brandis leave Hazzard? Did he do something to piss off Boss Hogg?

via Polly (retweeted on 11:38 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@garystark @thornae It’s OK, I know someone who could use a spare to replace one lost in an unfortunate encounter with a vaulting horse.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to garystark

courteneyh I know I’m not really a scientist but I can confirm that if you get a cat’s claw under your toenail, you will be able to see through time.

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 11:32 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

I have decided to believe @rantyben because it makes as much sense as anything else on this planet. // @thegrugq

via Janetter for Mac

rantyben I hear the NSA found out there were some non-5-eyes who didn’t own a CA anymore, so they burnt the CN bug for laughs

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 11:30 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @GuardianAus: G20 delegates have collective aim for real outcomes, says Joe Hockley trib.al/kOF3NhQ [Who? Jane Hinckley?]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @thornae: @stilgherrian: … also, this: pic.twitter.com/0yMOz9bqjq [OK, now I’m scared.]

via Janetter for Mac

Me at @zdnetaustralia Friday: “And the digital Antoinettes cried ‘Unemployed? Let them cut code’” zdnet.com/and-the-digita…

via Janetter for Mac

I don’t have enough medication to deal with all this. I’ll just pimp my thing again and then have a shower.

via Janetter for Mac

You can always rely on @snare to keep yourself grounded.

via Janetter for Mac

snare This is why daddy drinks.

via Twitter for Mac (retweeted on 11:10 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@j_hutch Well as @virag064 says, you have to get it just right. Everyone has SOME problems. But if it’s not checking the CN field… [Thud.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to j_hutch

TumblrTXT Bromances enforce white supremacy.

via Buffer (retweeted on 11:08 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

snare @stilgherrian to be fair, if I didn’t want to see “OMG IT’S THE END OF THE WORLD” I should probably not be on twitter

via Twitter for Mac (retweeted on 11:07 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@snare To be fair, that’s 100% correct. Oh well, buckle up. It’ll be a bumpy ride for the next few day.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to snare

@snare Uhuh. Anyway, you’re right, I shall chill a bit, and add some weasel words, and wait before any more pissing into the hyperbowl.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to snare

I have yet to trace that information back to see where it came from, @snare, but if true that’s surely a big deal?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to snare

Fair point, @snare. I’m reacting emotionally to what’s in the two tweets linked from here. twitter.com/thegrugq/statu…

via Janetter for Mac in reply to snare

snare @stilgherrian stop it with the hyperbole. have you reversed it and had a look? wait until someone does.

via Twitter for Mac (retweeted on 10:56 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @swearyanthony: @stilgherrian since Thursday, maybe even Wednesday! [All week. Biggest. Fuckup. All. Week.]

via Janetter for Mac

@demanrisu You missed that the internet has scroll bars? I’m not going to repeat everything again.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to demanrisu

RT @thornae: Hey, @stilgherrian - apparently I have too much free time tonight: pic.twitter.com/eeFeqVRZ0g [Yes. Yes, you do.]

via Janetter for Mac

For any mainstream journos and producers seeing us ranting about Apple, this is one of the most monumental security fuckups in a while.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @NewtonMark: If SSL connection verification isn’t working, I wonder where I’m downloading this iOS update from? [From me. All fixed.]

via Janetter for Mac

Jesus wept, Apple! So how long has that gaping hole been in every iDevice, exactly?

via Janetter for Mac

matthew_d_green Ok I lied. One more thing: I’m sure the Apple bug is unintentional. But man, if you were trying to sneak a vuln into SSL, this would be it.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:48 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

cBekrar When you handle SSL/TLS connections don’t forget to check the CN field of certificates

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 10:48 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@natashamitchell That video talks about “government”, but the same goes for every app on your phone, and every advertiser in those apps.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to natashamitchell

@natashamitchell And finally, this great video from ACLU on metadata, something that’ll be in the news again. youtube.com/watch?v=ZTWOL_…

via Janetter for Mac in reply to natashamitchell

@natashamitchell Yep. Here’s me from 2012. Have better examples to cite now. zdnet.com/the-facebook-e…

via Janetter for Mac in reply to natashamitchell

@SnarkyPlatypus I’m seeing murmurings from people in the know that it’s a serious mess. Even that description says it’s very pwnable.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@SnarkyPlatypus This. SSL authentication in iOS was “missing steps”. Man-in-the-Middle attacks undetectable. support.apple.com/kb/HT6147

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

Of course, it’s not so much a question of whether my <device> is pwned, but of how just many different pwners it has today. Whatever the OS.

via Janetter for Mac

sylmobile No need, we suddenly know what it feels like! ;-) RT @swearyanthony: Any apple fanboys want to borrow an android for a few days?

via Polly (retweeted on 10:30 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Downloading 1.12GB of code from Apple to install onto my iPad. That amount of code should get rid of ALL of the bugs now.

via Janetter for Mac

Vice_Is_Hip Why Gwyneth Paltrow tried to sell Coldplay to North Korea for $10,000,000

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:27 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@natashamitchell And yet we could have paid for a similar service with money, instead of our data, for just dollars a year.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to natashamitchell

RealBobKatter Great cartoon @insidecover … Anne’s 5km down, average speed 3.7km/hr en route 2 @RottoSwim pic.twitter.com/e9RT7riROm

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:25 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

dasrecht STAND BACK - I am operating at my Ballmer Peak!

via Twitter for Mac (retweeted on 10:22 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

“Would you like to download it and update your iPad now? iTunes will verify the software update with Apple.” But will it, though?

via Janetter for Mac

@natashamitchell … that said, sure, there’ll be processes that seek out new connections. Same algorithms as Amazon’s “You may also like”.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to natashamitchell

@natashamitchell Timing may be coincidental. You don’t notice times when comms happened and weren’t followed by a suggestion. But…

via Janetter for Mac in reply to natashamitchell

matthew_d_green So at this moment it may be possible to eavesdrop/inject data into secure connections made by like 99% of the iOS devices in the world?

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 10:13 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

matthew_d_green I’m not going to talk details about the Apple bug except to say the following. It is seriously exploitable and not yet under control.

@natashamitchell Short version is Facebook doesn’t need to look on your phone, ‘cos knowledge of who you communicate with is everywhere.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to natashamitchell

@misterdna @csoghoian @matthew_d_green That’s the argument that leads to paranoid psychosis. “Secure” as a binary than can never be 1.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to misterdna

@jplonie I wasn’t aware that six-year-olds did Apple’s SSL coding. Though today I am not so sure.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to jplonie

@natashamitchell More than happy to have a chat (on or off the wireless) to help you get your head around what’s happening.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to natashamitchell

RT @johncarneyau: @stilgherrian more like forgetting to drop your trousers *before* taking a dump. [True, yes. Well done, Apple.]

via Janetter for Mac

@natashamitchell I wouldn’t use “reads” as the verb, but yes. Facebook (and other networks) map out social networks. That’s what they do.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to natashamitchell

RT @misterdna: @stilgherrian @csoghoian @matthew_d_green update iOS using iTunes? [Yeah, I’m now filled with confidence about that too…]

via Janetter for Mac

How do you just “forget” to do some of the steps in SSL authentication? It’s like forgetting to wipe your butt after taking a dump.

via Janetter for Mac

csoghoian Don’t worry. The security update used to patch Apple’s iOS SSL authentication flaw will be delivered to you securely via a SSL connection.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:56 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@expectproblems You are idiots, and you are all part of the problem.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to expectproblems

HenriLeChatNoir I was asked to be the first cat Scientologist. I declined and suggested they go after dogs since they value blank stares and obedience.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:55 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@expectproblems Why are you coding in this language? Did a magistrate order it as punishment or something? I’d appeal the sentence.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to expectproblems

As I said earlier, @csoghoian @matthew_d_green, if my SSL is broken, when I go to download the iOS patch, how do I know…? [Shudder.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to csoghoian

Well yes, @csoghoian @matthew_d_green, “being on the network” is a privilege.

via Janetter for Mac

csoghoian MT @matthew_d_green The “attacker with a privileged network position” that Apple said can capture or modify encrypted data = Starbucks.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:49 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@expectproblems Yes, you can always rely upon C to not be helpful.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to expectproblems

@expectproblems At least C has willy-nilly as a built-in data type.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to expectproblems

@expectproblems I would not be wanting to write a parser and compiler for that. There’s bugs aplenty just waiting to be written.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to expectproblems

@expectproblems Does this stupid language overload operators, so “+” means addition for integers but concatenation for strings?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to expectproblems

@SnarkyPlatypus Bonjour. Je n’ai pas encore tué personne aujourd’hui, mais je suis la compilation d’une liste. Et vous?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

Hang on. That Australian vernacular is likely to be misunderstood internationally, isn’t it. Oh well.

via Janetter for Mac

Bugger. I’ll have to go Katoomba today after all. Not that I object to Katoomba. More than I really couldn’t be arsed. But arse I shall be.

via Janetter for Mac

Oh what’s the Arsehole-General done now?

via Janetter for Mac

I like this old story, thank you @jeamland, but more for the atmosphere than the lesson. crash.com/fun/texts/vaxe…

via Janetter for Mac

undeadmolly I once went out with a guy who didn’t know the difference between a mace and a flail. Like, totally basic melee weapons. Major deal breaker.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:41 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

feed_the_chooks Bernard Gaynor is gonna burst RT @TheEconomist: Today’s shows how much the world’s armies embrace gays pic.twitter.com/5r6FUJqVIK

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:41 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@pblakez I’ll let you know when I’m next up your way and not on a tightly controlled timeline.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to pblakez

@pblakez @paulcarr I’ll have to hear your story some time. It’s a very different world from 23 years ago.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to pblakez

@pblakez @paulcarr I didn’t mean to say it wasn’t possible individually, but as a solution for a whole industry, nah.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to pblakez

Sat plan, draft: Wade through the enormous backlog of crap that seems to have accumulated, scoop it up, and throw it at Those People.

via Janetter for Mac

veritychambers The Gosford Anglican Church really nails it every time they post their billboard (sorry Christians, bad metaphor). pic.twitter.com/hrbRby2cOY

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 8:32 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

craigthomler Government says explaining why it axed Australia’s drug & alcohol reduction body is “not in the public’s interest” theage.com.au/federal-politi…

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 8:24 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@Steve_Lockstep All NSW politicians have an air gap. Hartcher’s was just in the right spot.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Steve_Lockstep

Silly possums. If @JamesBlunt can deal with the Serbs as well as his NATO commander, he can deal with half-arsed tweets.

via Janetter for Mac

JamesBlunt And finishes in your mouth. RT @trimjim90: James Blunt gets on my tits.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:16 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@paulcarr In a rush of blood to the head, I quoted a couple of your tweets in yesterday’s column. zdnet.com/and-the-digita…

via Janetter for Mac

RT @jeamland: @stilgherrian Carry On Up The Rhetoric (and we’re back where we started!) [CIRCLE OF LIFE.]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @jeamland: @stilgherrian Carrier Group Blunt Conversation [Towing back the Rhetoric, where it is safe to do so.]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @michaelneale: why were you in my dream saying “chmod 775” over and over? [Why? What would you like me to say in your dreams?]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @jeamland: @stilgherrian Battleship Polemic [That’s the next step up from Gunship Diplomacy, but before SSBN Subtle Hints.]

via Janetter for Mac

umairh “Apps” are largely built by coddled men-children; hence, they tackle the burning challenges in such lives; entertainment, cars, casual sex.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:06 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

So if SSL authentication is broken, if I now go to download the patch, how do I know… [Mashes face into a pile of broken glass.]

via Janetter for Mac

“Secure Transport failed to validate the authenticity of the connection. This issue was addressed by restoring missing validation steps.”

via Janetter for Mac

codebutler Wow, SSL cert verification was completely broken in iOS? support.apple.com/kb/HT6147

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:01 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @BlogsofWarTech: Hershey’s Is Hiring a Chocolate Futurist goo.gl/fuWrPH [Ping @mpesce]

via Janetter for Mac

“Carry On up the Polemic.”

via Janetter for Mac

I reckon you could up the polemic in that graphic, @Steve_Lockstep. Show a few branches fallen off, on fire, rotting etc.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Steve_Lockstep

Steve_Lockstep Family Tree v1 was guesswork (and polemic). If identity is memetic, we can find a more rigorous phylogeny pic.twitter.com/1maXHdQXSy

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 7:55 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

TheOnion Sochi’s Euthanized Dogs To Be Returned To Streets After Olympics onion.com/MJkcUq pic.twitter.com/LfYBMjDAGk

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 7:53 AM, Feb 22nd, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

If you’d subscribed to @5at5daily you’d have know about these things yesterday, and have been ennobled. tinyletter.com/5at5/letters/5…

via Janetter for Mac

Thank you, @jonoabroad @gavincostello @hughstephens, the Muse seemed to be with me for that one yesterday.

via Janetter for Mac

Saturday. Initially the sense of relief, then hope, then the realisation that misery continues regardless. A sigh. Tears. Wine. Saturday.