February 28th, 2014

Two stations to go.

via Tweetbot for iOS

RT @purserj: @NewtonMark it’s millions not billions, headline was wrong [Millions, billions, whatever.]

via Tweetbot for iOS

@SnarkyPlatypus Wednesday would be the better of the two. I have a lunch on North Sydney finishing at around 1400.

via Tweetbot for iOS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@SnarkyPlatypus Could we do that in person on Wed or Thu? I’m in Sydney both days, and you can choose the spot.

via Tweetbot for iOS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

MrMichaelSpicer Dear 19 year-old me. No you’ll not put your degree to any use or make sensible life choices but you will have ‘followers’. Let me explain.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:34 PM, Feb 28th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iOS)

nancybaym Heterosexist bathroom propaganda. instagram.com/p/k9KEZasCQd/

via Instagram (retweeted on 9:33 PM, Feb 28th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iOS)

@SnarkyPlatypus Make sure you book it with Jamie and he’ll throw in some food. Or shall I do that?

via Tweetbot for iOS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

RT @purserj: Mtgox has 63 BILLION DOLLARS of outstanding debt? [Yes, that is essentially people’s gripe.]

via Janetter for Mac

@joshrowe Thanks, Josh. They make it easy, though. @theprojecttv is well-oiled production machine.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to joshrowe

@R_Chirgwin Well us South Australians had attribute blocks, and hoops to make Venn diagrams from. I guess my headline won’t work.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to R_Chirgwin

@timfdavis @R_Chirgwin Are they the brass rod things they used to heat up and use to cure syphilis?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to timfdavis

Actually, it’s the 2018 to Lithgow, but something something trackwork something buses.

caseyjohnellis caution: stabby

via Echofon (retweeted on 8:19 PM, Feb 28th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

The 2018 to Mount Victoria has just departed Sydney Central station, and I am on it.

via Janetter for Mac

@R_Chirgwin Do you think so? I don’t know what those things are.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to R_Chirgwin

So who here remembers or knows what “attribute blocks” are? I’m wondering whether I can allude to them in a dreadful headline pun.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @NewtonMark: @stilgherrian [Oh that’s much better. Even without a “-gate” at the end.]

via Janetter for Mac

mumbrella Saturday Paper launch: Malcolm Turnbull refers to “some demented plutocrat pouring millions into a loss making venture” who can he mean?

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:01 PM, Feb 28th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Eighteen minutes until blastoff.

via Janetter for Mac

@gplama @DamianM You guys have just given me an idea: to record some of the oral history of those days before you/we all go senile.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to gplama

@gplama Yeah the audience figures show that most viewers only catch one or two episodes a week. People don’t watch TV religiously today.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to gplama

@gplama That’s actually my sixth time on @theprojecttv, and they’ve all been solid topics. stilgherrian.com/tag/the-projec…

via Janetter for Mac in reply to gplama

I see that it’s going to be raining hard tomorrow, @R_Chirgwin, so I might hide in Tea Tree Cottage once it empties out and enjoy isolation.

via Janetter for Mac

@gplama Well thank @theprojecttv for that, I’m glad they put the resources into it.

via Plume for Android in reply to gplama

tactical_intel I’ve been masturbating mercilessly in front of my webcam for the past year expressly because I thought the NSA *was* watching.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 7:31 PM, Feb 28th, 2014 via Plume for Android)

@gplama @theprojecttv Hah, you expect much of a 4-minute segment for a non-technical audience.

via Plume for Android in reply to gplama

RT @LexPlans @stilgherrian not the cyber security hero we need, but the one we deserve. [Exactly.]

via Plume for Android

So coming up shortly on @theprojecttv is a thing on cyber RATs and hacking webcams and there’s a bit of me in it.

via Plume for Android

Cybering. Cybering as hard as I can.

via Plume for Android

@halans You’re right, though that’s not on my current list of question. Will check with the producer.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to halans

RT @SnarkyPlatypus @stilgherrian @theprojecttv ‘Cyber security commentator’? [Yeah, I’m gonna get so much grief for that.]

via Plume for Android

Yes, @chrisjrn @garystark , “talent”. All television is vaudeville.

via Plume for Android in reply to chrisjrn

@burgotastic Yes. My phone number is also on my website. It’s been public for years. I’m not fussed.

via Plume for Android in reply to burgotastic

In the Palace of Television.

Négociations des Cabcharge.

via Plume for Android

“Corporate Sponsor for Sexuality and Gender Diversity, Superintendent Tony Crandell” is a thing, apparently.

via Janetter for Mac

@nswpolice launch Operation Tacoma for Mardi Gras 2014” police.nsw.gov.au/news/media_rel…

via Janetter for Mac

RT @TheAVClub Paramount shuts down Twitter account that tweets all of Top Gun one frame at a time avc.lu/NApxh4 [Arsehats.]

via Plume for Android

@jonoabroad So do you know what “greyscale” is?

via Plume for Android in reply to jonoabroad

Brocklesnitch In honour of Kyle Sandilands’ ‘Don’t Be a Dickhead’ campaign, i am starting a campaign called ‘Don’t Be a Fat Lesbian’

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 3:10 PM, Feb 28th, 2014 via Plume for Android)

NickEvershed Manus Island riot timeline - filter by “official” or “eyewitness” to compare accounts of events: theguardian.com/world/datablog…

via Hootsuite (retweeted on 3:10 PM, Feb 28th, 2014 via Plume for Android)

AusElectoralCom The WA Senate election has been announced for 5 April 2014. Rolls close at 8pm AWST 7 March. Enrol or update here - aec.gov.au

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 3:10 PM, Feb 28th, 2014 via Plume for Android)

@theprojecttv Someone just suggested I should have joined the program via webcam.

via Plume for Android in reply to theprojecttv

@theprojecttv Ta for confirming that. Seems Mr Sambora’s fans are keen to see him. Well, he is a legend.

via Plume for Android in reply to theprojecttv

Just to be clear, I am not on a pub crawl to Channel TEN.

via Plume for Android

RT @PollHereford February in Sydney. Diurnal range 20 - 21 degrees, 100 % humidity. [Correct.]

via Plume for Android

Grey ships and grey buildings and grey water and grey sky, they are all grey. pic.twitter.com/C2px65tK6v

via Plume for Android

joshgnosis In case you missed it on Monday, Austrac tracks every AUD conversion into Bitcoin. zd.net/1e9d1Q9

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 2:45 PM, Feb 28th, 2014 via Plume for Android)

@faithbragg @teripp Yeah I’m pretty sure someone will YouTube it for you. Just don’t tell @theprojecttv.

via Plume for Android in reply to faithbragg

@jperlow Usually it’s the horny people who pay you the money, isn’t it?

via Plume for Android in reply to jperlow

RT @TatteredRemnant @stilgherrian @jeamland Yes but ‘less beards’ is not really the answer is it? [No, it’d be “fewer beards”.]

via Plume for Android

@teripp @faithbragg Ah, perhaps @theprojecttv’s videos are only available here in Australia? Or do you run web content filtering?

via Plume for Android in reply to teripp

RT @jperlow 30 Most Annoying Questions To Ask A Jew - RantLifestyle po.st/1z3sgV via @Po_st [Writing these down to annoy friends.]

via Plume for Android

So the barber and I just pretty much solved the Qantas thing too, @jeamland.

via Plume for Android

@michaelneale No worries. The post the full episodes on the website, and I’ll extract my segment.

via Plume for Android in reply to michaelneale

@michaelneale Nah, the program is done in Melbourne. I’ll be beaming in from a cupboard in Pyrmont.

via Plume for Android in reply to michaelneale

@michaelneale Hah! I’ve produced thousands of hours of live radio, presented hundreds. It doesn’t raise the pulse that much any more.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to michaelneale

@faithbragg @theprojecttv Hmm… That lonk works fine for me. I guess you’ll have to ask your local geeks why it won’t work for you.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to faithbragg

RT @garystark: @stilgherrian @BXGD @theprojecttv Are the NSA and Yahoo also involved? [You might think that. I couldn’t possibly comment.]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @jeffsonstein: @stilgherrian take a cue from The Shirtless King, go with the ‘naked oiled chest’ look [Um, no. Not at 1830.]

via Janetter for Mac

@sylmobile @BXGD @theprojecttv I dunno whether a whole bottle is needed. It’s only one segment. It’s not like I’m on the panel.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to sylmobile

@BXGD @theprojecttv Well, the “fun” involves webcams. Does that help?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to BXGD

ApostrophePong World Bank Delays $90 Million Loan To Uganda As Bank President Blasts Anti-Gay Laws buzzfeed.com/lesterfeder/wo…

via Twitter for Websites (retweeted on 1:33 PM, Feb 28th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@faithbragg The good people at @theprojecttv put the full episodes on the web. I generally link to any segments I’m on, because shameless.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to faithbragg

I’m told that guitarist Richie Sambora (of Bon Jovi fame) is on @theprojecttv’s panel again tonight. Interesting.

via Janetter for Mac

Fri plan, updated: Shower & shave; lunch; haircut; ensure that I have a TV-friendly shirt; Channel TEN, Pyrmont; return to Wentworth Falls.

via Janetter for Mac

So yeah I’ll be on @theprojecttv tonight, talking about some “fun” internet things. Not sure if I should reveal their exact nature yet.

Awaiting instructions.

via Janetter for Mac

@HWAevents @prestontowers That is interesting, yes. I saw a great article on Walmart’s business model recently. I’ll tell you if I find it.

Frack all the things.

via Janetter for Mac

@HWAevents @prestontowers What am I meant to be looking at?

via Janetter for Mac

jturner_ibrs “between 3% and 11% of the Yahoo webcam imagery … contains “undesirable nudity”
The rest was desirable.
goo.gl/wi5jnu

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 11:12 AM, Feb 28th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Well it looks might my afternoon is taking a different shape.

via Janetter for Mac

@BXGD @Prohairetic So far the electricity, or rather the lack thereof, is winning.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to BXGD

Arguing with the electricity.

Yes, that’s right.

via Janetter for Mac

@SnarkyPlatypus Toutes les choses que vous mentionnez sont mauvais.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@SnarkyPlatypus Bonjour. J’ai été très productive ce matin. Il est l’estomac de la victoire! Et vous?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@sofie_bird @manaz_d I’d just reword entirely: “Your bike, your risk”.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to sofie_bird

@manaz_d @sofie_bird Or “Bicycles parked at owners’ risk”, but the final plural apostrophe alway looks awkward, I reckon.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to manaz_d

@manaz_d I agree with @sofie_bird about the implied “each”. But you could also go “Bicycles parked at [their] owner’s risk”. One owner each.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to manaz_d

Fri plan: Write for @walkleys (in progress); maybe more writing; do a @5at5daily because eek where did it go?; return to Wentworth Falls.

via Janetter for Mac

Pleased that I’ve just gotten quite a bit of writing done.

via Janetter for Mac

Fri plan, draft: Write for @walkleys; maybe more writing; do a @5at5daily because eek where did it go; return to Wentworth Falls.

via Janetter for Mac

Friday. The planets spin, but never quite in a way that makes sense. The words flow, or not. It is impossible to tell. Friday.