February 6th, 2015

@ApostrophePong Nah. It’s all backpackers, tight-arsed tourists and local pensioners and students.

via TweetDeck in reply to ApostrophePong

@R_Chirgwin But it was his idea. Or something. Some of the other shots have a very different feel to them.

via TweetDeck in reply to R_Chirgwin

@hughstephens Yeah look, there’s plenty of snark in my review there, but I do actually think that video will be useful.

via TweetDeck in reply to hughstephens

This is still very special, really. pic.twitter.com/biLqGlCXRu

@ApostrophePong There’s been some odd signage at The Old City Bank lately..pic.twitter.com/MVOoIa9j6p6p

via TweetDeck in reply to ApostrophePong

3/3: “Twitter CEO admits cyber bullying poses threat to revenue growth”, by @amworldtodaypm with a little me. abc.net.au/worldtoday/con…

2/3: 5at5 number 140: Robots, crashing selfies, fucked databases, Joan of Arc, and the Chopper Whopper Bluffer Duffer tinyletter.com/5at5/letters/5…

1/3: Me at @zdnetaustralia: “Why a dumb security video will help you work smarter, not harder” zdnet.com/article/why-a-… pic.twitter.com/vjKlmVkPdR

If you’re over the politics thing for the time being, here’s a couple things I did today that may help… Here we go…

RT @GuardianAus: Russell Brand joins the queue to attack Tony Abbott trib.al/mTiw3Kg [Well, that’s it then.]

franksting Maybe if Tony finds the plane before Tuesday?

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 6:57 PM, Feb 6th, 2015 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

johnhalton LEAKED: Here Is The Email To All Businessmen Reminding Them They Have To Wear Suits clickhole.com/article/leaked…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 6:56 PM, Feb 6th, 2015 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

“2790. A life.” (As seen on the .) instagram.com/p/ywFr_7iFjN/

via Instagram

Yes, kids, Crusader Rabbit’s final plea to stay on as PM was based on the assumption that nobody understands how Australian elections work.

WATCH OUT BECAUSE TOMORROW @R_Chirgwin IS TURNING THE SUN UPSIDE DOWN.

RT @PollHereford: @stilgherrian You’re thinking of “Tuesday, Tuesday”. [Yes, you’re quite right.]

Pro Tip: Here’s three of the most useless words in the world. “… says Peter Dutton.”

tomgara Wonderful pic of someone in Dubai waking their dog from the comfort of their car. 7daysindubai.com/driver-snapped… pic.twitter.com/R4Ik5pQb0q

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 5:37 PM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Isn’t there a song, “Tuesday on my mind”?

@Messenger_74 @jeamland I suspect an ostrich was involved at some point.

via TweetDeck in reply to Messenger_74

Pollytics I’m going to get drunk

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 5:26 PM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

MikeCarlton01 Thank heavens Kevin Andrews is not in charge of anything important like, say, Defence.

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 5:25 PM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

By the way, I do hope you lot have seen this week’s Clarke & Dawe. youtube.com/watch?v=rsbs7n…

@MikeCarlton01 @ben_hr Which, indeed, correctly captures the zeitgeist.

via TweetDeck in reply to MikeCarlton01

Hahaha. Wondering why a Vine wasn’t working. I’d forgotten I’d host-filed vine.co to null so I never have to see the things.

@R_Chirgwin That’s really quite terrible.

via TweetDeck in reply to R_Chirgwin

ben_hr This perfectly sums up the spill and the coverage of it for me pic.twitter.com/xpFvA9esZs

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 5:10 PM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Perhaps Crusader Rabbit needs the help of the writer discussed in this post to win beck respect. stilgherrian.com/language/inaug… HT @call_me_tomasso

@call_me_tomasso Hah! I’d forgotten about that. [Smirks.] I think it deserves being brought to contemporary notice.

via TweetDeck in reply to call_me_tomasso

5at5 number 140: Robots, crashing selfies, fucked databases, Joan of Arc, and the Chopper Whopper Bluffer Duffer. tinyletter.com/5at5/letters/5…

jeamland @stilgherrian I want him to pull an Adam Giles. “Tony, you’re out.” “No I’m not.” “You’re not leader.” “Not resigning as PM, can’t make me.”

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 4:38 PM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Further to my modest proposal re Abbott and spite, the woman at the next table said, “Well, no-one does spite like a Catholic.” Ouch.

Yes, yes, I know that I first proposed that the other day. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s… But there is some local support for the idea.

Rabbit should now go the full spite. If he can’t have it, etc. Drink whiskey all night, then at dawn do a gram of coke and call an election.

RT @noreasonspec: @stilgherrian @5at5daily what if you jus sent out. 1) its on 2) its on etc [Not such a bad idea. And a real one tomorrow.]

Shall I do a @5at5daily today, or are people beyond caring now that it’s on?

@BXGD @amworldtodaypm I am not inclinded to disagree.

via TweetDeck in reply to BXGD

@BXGD @amworldtodaypm Well Facebook has that workforce of developing-world minions in place. I’m not sure about Twitter.

via TweetDeck in reply to BXGD

RT @joshgnosis In non- news: NBN Co and Optus co-build mobile towers zd.net/1D3IjmZ [Nothing we do will cut through, Josh.]

“Twitter CEO admits cyber bullying poses threat to revenue growth”, reports @amworldtodaypm abc.net.au/worldtoday/con… [Warning, contains me.]

joshgnosis Morrison not standing for leadership. @CUhlmann says Morrison knows that to the public he is a one-dimensional character.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:15 PM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

GordyPls “And now we cross live to a statement from the Prime Minister.”

*Abbott takes podium and arranges notes*
“Cunts.”

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:14 PM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Laughing at the change @dobes is making to my column. Not at all what I expected.

RT @KJBar: The ABC’s @CUhlmann expects @TurnbullMalcolm will be the only contender next Tuesday [Uhoh. ]

@JackGJessen Our views are not utterly dissimilar on this issue.

via TweetDeck in reply to JackGJessen

@jonoabroad I’ll see what happens. I have kept the weekend clear for an Edict should the urge strike.

via TweetDeck in reply to jonoabroad

Column filed for @zdnetaustralia. It contains many cybers and a dick joke.

OK, I really, really am writing now. Because deadline.

coopesdetat Hello?
IT’S ON

(apologies to @joshgnosis) pic.twitter.com/Bs9jNCmWTK

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 1:51 PM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Right. I need to watch the Australian Cyber Security Centre’s new video a few more times. youtube.com/watch?v=nl-Ena…

Yes, yes… Do try to keep up, people.

brisvegas1 Ewwww suddenly sounds gross RT @stilgherrian: Is all this speculation about whether it’s on or not just onanism?

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:44 PM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

@Pollytics It needs to be used somewhere. I don’t have the right timing on the right platform for it.

via TweetDeck in reply to Pollytics

@mwyres @jdub Yes, yes, I know… I was just kinda making a really, really clever jokesk

via TweetDeck in reply to mwyres

Is all this speculation about whether it’s on or not just onanism?

@joshgnosis @bengrubb @will_ock Yes. In between my highly productive tweeting about how on it is, I am also on the video case.

via TweetDeck in reply to joshgnosis

UberFactsEbooks In 1933, you could do this…

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 1:38 PM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

So it would seem that it’s more on than the throughly onful on that was on earlier. On my God!

Colvinius WA Liberal MP Luke Simkins has emailed partyroom colleaguesto say he’ll move a spill motion against the PM. Seconder Don Randall.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 1:36 PM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Lunch done. Errands done. The final burst of writing begins. So keep it down out there.

“Tony Abbott Bricks Himself Inside The Prime Minister’s Office”. reports SBS. sbs.com.au/comedy/article…

Right now on Channel Nine there is footage of Ellen DeGeneris and Justin Beiber going cottaging together. I am very confused.

joshgnosis That cyber security video cost taxpayers $203,199.70

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 12:15 PM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

@jplonie I know. There I was, waiting for a train, minding my own business, and suddenly I’m on national radio.

via TweetDeck in reply to jplonie

Are the numbers there for the Liberal Party to finally cauterise itself from the Nationals and do a coalition with The Greens? [Smirks.]

It would seem that I’ve just been interviewed by @amworldtodaypm about Twitter’s quarterly results.

Another beautiful Blue Mountains day, Leura instagram.com/p/yvXhOFiFr9/

via Instagram

@kcarruthers Y… yes, I don’t know how this could have happened.

via TweetDeck in reply to kcarruthers

snurb_dot_info Hmm. Our social media Hypometer says that sentiment towards Turnbull has turned from positive to neutral… ow.ly/IzSEY

via Hootsuite (retweeted on 10:27 AM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Oh. I think I just did a very bad thing.

See, you know Turnbull wouldn’t do that awful thing. He’d have a servant do it for him. (Yeah, get THAT image out of your heads, kids!)

What if Tony Abbott ended up playing for the Cronulla Sharks and someone had a camera phone?

R_Chirgwin Now, show us on the doll where the treasurer BEAT THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF YOUR ECONOMY.

via YoruFukurou (retweeted on 10:10 AM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

RT @everywordisgay: gay chumship [Well that’d be another interpretation, yes.]

I am so helping.

That lad has really screwed his Liberal Party ministerial ambitions by being photographed with Abbott on his last working day.

Look, your implications about drugs are just silly. Tony Abbott goes bicycle racing and that’s never been linked to drugs.

@dobes @mrgrumpystephen On the shelf behind them… the big bags full of… what?

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

Well I’m sure this will convince everyone. pic.twitter.com/biLqGlCXRu

whereisdaz Wow, demographic profiles around NYC subway stations based on DNA left on turnstiles
cell.com/cell-systems/h… pic.twitter.com/2gFFEV1BCc

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:48 AM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Colvinius That quote from theaustralian.com.au/opinion/strewt…

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 9:45 AM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Colvinius “the sort of grimace one would normally only expect on a man whose digestive tract had inexplicably filled with hedgehogs.” @James_Jeffrey

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 9:45 AM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

“After almost a century in business, RadioShack files for bankruptcy”, writes @zackwhittaker zdnet.com/article/after-…

deptofaustralia @TurnbullMalcolm Could you do us a favour if or when you’re PM, and make some comically terrible errors of judgement?

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:27 AM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

AndreaWoo Day late on this, but just noticed we used Donald Sutherland as a snow measurement tool fw.to/gQMOufW pic.twitter.com/hv5M72i0ZX

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:26 AM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

I guess this means that at some stage I’ll have to figure out what to write about.

Fri plan: Urgent administrivia and errand to Leura and Katoomba; write for @zdnetaustralia; plan next week; @5at5daily; evening TBA.

Well @davpope has been cartoonifying AGAIN today… goo.gl/oc0BNQ pic.twitter.com/dzuTDQ2C4G

SimonThomsen Mummy! The paper is broken! RT @_youhadonejob: It’s not working. pic.twitter.com/JdpQoR0udU

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 8:32 AM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

MT @SnarkyPlatypus: Turnbull is a political mirage. You see strange things in a political desert… [Please extend this metaphor, folks.]

deconstructo Dyslexia cost me my job in IT.

Turns out my boss wanted me to
unzip his ‘files’

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:13 AM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

RT @GuardianAus: Tony Abbott unconcerned by rumours of leadership spill trib.al/ELvwawX [Uhuh. What sane man would NOT be concerned?]

RT @SnarkyPlatypus: Also, don’t sacrifice your house based on Barrie Cassidy’s feels. [Traitor!]

@AbrasiveTeapot @R_Chirgwin Zombie Abbott is not something I can think about before I’ve eaten.

via TweetDeck in reply to AbrasiveTeapot

@dshaw_ I have been wary of the looming Refrigergeddon for some time, as the Google will reveal. Blackhats will overpower our whitegoods.

via TweetDeck in reply to dshaw_

matthew_d_green State actors may be stealing healthcare records to power phishing attacks. When did the world become a William Gibson short story?

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:59 AM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

I’ve just put the kettle ON.

RT @cathywilcox1: So Sydney. pic.twitter.com/UbnBMWUccK [That, young lady, is fucking genius!]

Very, very on.

latikambourke “only Turnbull could walk into the job as Prime Minister from day one” RT @David_Speers: My thoughts on the week: latika.me/1BYdgoH

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 7:53 AM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

mjrowland68 .@InsidersABC host Barrie Cassidy says the veil on the Lib. leadership drama will be lifted ‘within hours’ and the ‘weasel words’ will end..

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 7:53 AM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

RT @R_Chirgwin: It’s not on until the wave function is resolved. [BRING ME A CAT!]

I mean, it couldn’t be this on and not totally on, right?

Quite on, in fact.

It is more on that it has been at any time so far this year. It is very on.

Rob_Stott Things are feeling distinctly on today

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 7:48 AM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Rob_Stott Bishop would serve as Turnbull’s deputy news.com.au/national/julie…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 7:48 AM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

theage Malcolm Turnbull confronts Tony Abbott in secret meeting theage.com.au/federal-politi… pic.twitter.com/qmIoFlcj0K

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 7:46 AM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

So, Abbott is in the media again today, repeating all the soundbites. Is his strategy to make sure none can forget how unimaginative he is?

RT @joshgnosis: Tony Abbott says he puts out a podcast every week to talk to the Australian people. [Well played, Josh.]

adambrereton Alan Jones just asked tony to ‘talk about himself’ and tone just gave a little stump speech about firefighting while Alan breathed heavily

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:38 AM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Wentworth Falls taxi driver to me last night: “I’ve been busy today. Is Abbott still PM? Really? But is IS gone next week, right?”

Fri plan, draft: Urgent administrivia and errand to Leura and Katoomba; write for @zdnetaustralia; plan next week; @5at5daily; evening TBA.

It’s good to see that the seals remembered their training.

ataraxite Dreamt last night that a Tony Abbott impersonator, @stilgherrian, me and 3 seals were on a boat. One of the seals tried to strangle me.

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 7:09 AM, Feb 6th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Friday. Good theatre builds to a fun climax, leaving everyone happy. Life is not theatre, not even bad theatre. It ends in misery. Friday.