February 8th, 2015

@skwashd Are you planning on doing something remarkably dumb and wish to tell everyone about it?

via TweetDeck in reply to skwashd

And “The 9pm Sleepless in Canberra” is now also on SoundCloud. soundcloud.com/skankmedia/e00…

@Rundll I spend far too long farting about with those intros.

via TweetDeck in reply to Rundll

New podcast: “The 9pm Sleepless in Canberra” stilgherrian.com/edict/00035/ pic.twitter.com/cOazUPCW9w

And the main record and edit part of “The 9pm Edict” is done. Time now for the final mix, compress, package and upload. ETA 2320 AEDT.

RT @abcnews: Tony Abbott describes the leadership as ‘very chastening’ experience. ab.co/1AIjIF2 [Oh, this is different.]

harrymccracken In 1995, Radio Shack rebranded as RadioShack. Perhaps it can reboot itself again, with a focus on iPhone jailbreaking, as Rad iOS Hack.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:15 PM, Feb 8th, 2015 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Oh good*. The computer crashed.

deptofaustralia BREAKING: The federal Liberal party has commissioned eleven cakes with different congratulatory messages on them. pic.twitter.com/CedtqklEE1

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:06 PM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

I am now mid-way through the podcast record-and-edit process. “The 9pm Edict” will be later than 9pm. I know you are all so shocked by this.

Bears are saying what now?

RT @Adrian_Dodd: @stilgherrian i preferred it when you tortured yourself :( [I’m sure that when the podcast appears you won’t be alone.]

And now I find myself beat-mixing music in this podcast. WTF? Oh well, it’s better than torturing myself with 1970s Scottish pop songs.

@SnarkyPlatypus There was quite a bit of that thought floating around on the day.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@NicholasFryer Understood. And I shouldn’t invent reasons to delay what I’m doing even further. Thanks so much.

via TweetDeck in reply to NicholasFryer

@NicholasFryer Thank you so much. I’ll listen shortly, but another 30 minutes is OK if you like. I’ve gotten… distracted.

via TweetDeck in reply to NicholasFryer

Right, back to the podcast production. The main recording comes next.

@JrehnJ Not one of mine, but it does look interesting. Thanks, I’ll check it out when I’m not in podcast production mode.

via TweetDeck in reply to JrehnJ

kcarruthers O.M.G. RT @birdsflyover: Solomon predicts Twitter.
Circa 970BC. pic.twitter.com/5TrGc3GtzJ

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 5:23 PM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

“It’s time to play the Liberal party leadership democracy deathmatch”, draws @firstdogonmoon theguardian.com/commentisfree/…

fanfiction_txt Note: Goku is not gay when he’s dancing THE MUSIC JUST GETS TO HIM

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 5:17 PM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

@mackaysuzie @JrehnJ Look at the tweet two tweets before that one.

via TweetDeck in reply to mackaysuzie

@NicholasFryer Oh this is excellent news. It’ll be the perfect change of pace. Looking forward to it.

via TweetDeck in reply to NicholasFryer

With @LaurieOakes on TV at 1800 AEDT, you’ve time to listen to @RNmediareport’s excellent 30-min interview with him. abc.net.au/radionational/…

jdub “Mr. Turnbull will see you now.” /via @declanf pic.twitter.com/ZMr0kqs6gP

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 5:00 PM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Interfering with the integrity of a chicken.

@robcorr Well that last vote, Turnbull out Abbott in, was 2009. But that was just that round.

via TweetDeck in reply to robcorr

@BenjiAlpha That said, Abbott and any contenders will be busy making promises right now.

via TweetDeck in reply to BenjiAlpha

@BenjiAlpha Hardly. Spill first, then reshuffle to reward and punish appropriately.

via TweetDeck in reply to BenjiAlpha

Plus, he said, Turnbull would scare the shit out of centrist/swinging Labor, because “the luvvies all think he’s one of them.” (3/3)

I pointed out this could be difficult tactically. “Yeah, but Hockey is bloody useless,” he said. Wishes he was as smart as his wife. (2/3)

The 70yo Liberal-voting Blue Mountains taxi driver just told me he’d like to see Abbott stay as PM, and Turnbull become Treasurer. (1/3)

Mission accomplished.

RT @paulkidd: @stilgherrian yes when things are going according to plan, wine will generally rectify the situation. [Prezactly.]

Erm, “pre-production” not “pro-production”, but close enough.

If you want to send an audio comment, the deadline is 1800 AEDT. Here’s last week’s episode and details of a prize. stilgherrian.com/edict/00034/

Excellent. Pro-production for tonight’s episode of “The 9pm Edict” has been proceeding to plan. Time to go fetch some wine.

Folks, have a look at my last two retweets and ask yourself… um, no, too obvious?

thegrugq There’s an ostrich loose and running around on the highway in Bangkok. WTF (via @ooh_junior)

pic.twitter.com/PBHWPiWdhz

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 3:41 PM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

MarkDiStef To those who predicted Tony Abbott would be out today with his daughters… 10 points (pic via @prestontowers) pic.twitter.com/trMtx9Lx0d

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:38 PM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

samanthamaiden What spill coverage is missing is a live flight tracker for George Brandis as he races ACROSS THE WORLD from London in a plane to make spill

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 2:50 PM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

SJMtweets Shaun Micallef vs. Sean-James Murphy
WHO WILL WIN?
at 9:30pm tonight on @SBS2
pic.twitter.com/iKo9SOnQSt

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 2:48 PM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

@paulkidd Almost all of my music collection (and everything else, for that matter) is in storage from when I departed Enmore four years ago.

via TweetDeck in reply to paulkidd

RT @SnarkyPlatypus: @stilgherrian You closet Blairite. [Shoosh. I don’t think anyone’s noticed yet.]

@durtgeek And has @ProfBrianCox taught you NOTHING about correlation versus causation? Hmmm?

via TweetDeck in reply to durtgeek

Downloading a D:Ream song. It has come to this.

@Asher_Wolf @zackwhittaker @elronxenu @absalomedia Also, though I can’t quite see on this, legs turned inwards. I wish I could see her feet.

via TweetDeck in reply to Asher_Wolf

RawStory Texas NRA leader: Teachers should be able to spank kids ‘so I don’t have to put a bullet’ in them ow.ly/IFqIa

via Hootsuite (retweeted on 1:42 PM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Here’s last week’s episode of “The 9pm Edict” with details of how to comment (deadline 1800 AEDT) and the Feb prize. stilgherrian.com/edict/00034/

Now, to reiterate, I will be producing an episode of “The 9pm Edict” podcast for tonight. Scripting is in progress as we speak.

Where would we be without Joe Hockey to tell us what Julie Bishop said?

TroyBramston If Joe Hockey really wants to help Tony Abbott, he should avoid any and all media between now and, well, till the end of time.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:35 PM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

@zackwhittaker @elronxenu @Asher_Wolf @absalomedia I’ve done training in body language, at the ABC and sessions by ex-FBI. You are correct.

via TweetDeck in reply to zackwhittaker

vanbadham Who has implemented Rupert Murdoch’s agenda to the Emperor’s greatest satisfaction?

It’s Malcolm Turnbull who has smashed the ABC & NBN.

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 1:26 PM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

@R_Chirgwin @Asher_Wolf Silly people. He works for a newspaper. The newspaper must sell. It’ll go online at one minute past midnight.

via TweetDeck in reply to R_Chirgwin

jdub “Uh… everything’s perfectly all right now. We’re fine. We’re all fine here now, thank you. How are you?lpic.twitter.com/kjF3QTO1LULU

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:04 PM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

@expectproblems That would presumably be One Direction, since they’re touring.

via TweetDeck in reply to expectproblems

And this is the photo to which I’ll be referring. Thanks, @elronxenu @Asher_Wolf @absalomedia. pic.twitter.com/uOANdehWeM

RT @elronxenu: @stilgherrian Sussan Ley. [Thank you. That’s why Twitter is SO useful for fact-checking.]

Now who was that female MP that Abbott had a presser with after his “reset”, the one he seemed to have his hand rather “close” to?

@RealNickHodge Anyway, SA needs to prop up the uranium price, since it’s a key export. Price must be down since Fukushima.

via TweetDeck in reply to RealNickHodge

@nicchristensen Yes, quite lovely work from The Malcolm there.

via TweetDeck in reply to nicchristensen

jdub Captain’s Call Sunday, @murpharoo. pic.twitter.com/qaEyGSKPgH

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 12:37 PM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

radleybalko This is wonderful. Via @mental_floss. pic.twitter.com/mabNTGpPvi

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:04 PM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

And if you have a spare 45 seconds, here’s Turnbull’s response to Abbott rescheduling the meeting. youtube.com/watch?v=qwSbCo…

@SnarkyPlatypus Yes, the whole psychological torture thing.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@NicholasFryer @SnarkyPlatypus Well for you I can stretch to 1930 AEDT. I plan not to run later, though, but keep the episode short.

via TweetDeck in reply to NicholasFryer

@NicholasFryer @SnarkyPlatypus Oh, the current length is not a problem. It is natural for them.

via TweetDeck in reply to NicholasFryer

If you have a spare 1 minute 18 seconds, here’s Crusader Rabbit’s press conference in its entirety. youtube.com/watch?v=qS6hrR…

TweetSmarter Clever: Radio Shack after closing: imgur.com/gallery/iG5Hj7g pic.twitter.com/cdxErdAaDG

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 11:37 AM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

@SnarkyPlatypus Thank you. But an “inspired” opening? I’d have thought “confused and self-indulgent” would be closer to the mark.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@NicholasFryer @SnarkyPlatypus Ah. Well, it needn’t be something as grand. A hundred words, 40 seconds, phoned in, would all be fine.

via TweetDeck in reply to NicholasFryer

FeralCrone 4yo son said the word prototype. When I asked him what it meant, he said “People are a prototype” and I was too scared to ask what he meant.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:35 AM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

paulkidd If Tony comes out I’m going back in. RT @nickydivision: @paulkidd @stilgherrian My money is on Tony coming out…

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 11:07 AM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

vanOnselenP Malcolm Turnbull says the PM has made a captains call bringing the leadership spill vote forward…I wonder what he’s getting at…

via Echofon (retweeted on 10:58 AM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

paulkidd So what’s the Oakes scoop going to be? I’m going with: Abbott secretly married Credlin using his UK passport.

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 10:58 AM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

@CosmicRami @SnarkyPlatypus The Firmer Back Street Boys? Yeah, I think I’ve seen that video.

via TweetDeck in reply to CosmicRami

And to everyone who’s already listened to last week’s “The 9pm Edict”, a gift. youtube.com/watch?v=YnQZ5A…

Sun plan: “The 9pm Edict” podcast pre-production; walk to the village to obtain wine; podcast recording, post-production; bask in my glory.

RT @saline: @stilgherrian I ♡ stilgherrian. [What, what? What have I done now?]

@SnarkyPlatypus Or, alternatively, you may find that @danger5tv leaves you confused and shaking.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@SnarkyPlatypus You may discover that @danger5tv works better with repeat watching. There is much hidden subtlety.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@kcarruthers It’s like a cascade of uranium enrichment centrifuges, but with arsehats.

via TweetDeck in reply to kcarruthers

Right, kids, today I will indeed be producing an episode of “The 9pm Edict” so you may with to provide an audio comment.

RT @Rob_Stott Arthur Sinodinos not happy with being moved to Monday news.com.au/national/nsw-a… [He did recall it was previously Tues?]

With 23 hours to go, Liberal MPs, let’s just run through Mr Abbott’s strengths* one more time. essentialvision.com.au/leader-attribu…

RT @GuardianAus: Angry Anderson pulls out of NSW election ‘for personal reasons’ trib.al/tv4ZHOs [Hah! Someone slid him an envelope.]

RT @TonyHWindsor: Don’t rule out TA resigning tomorrow [Really? Surely he’s more a fight-to-the-last-punch kind of guy.]

@johnthelutheran Yes, but I think this is less about ruthless colonial efficiency and more a sign of just how over Abbott they are.

via TweetDeck in reply to johnthelutheran

SnarkyPlatypus “Unique gift of the party room”. Does Malcolm think the Libs party room are giving up their virginity or something?

via YoruFukurou (retweeted on 9:29 AM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

I’m assuming that at least someone’s headline after 0900 tomorrow, assuming things unfold as looks likely, will be “Shit Happened”.

_AmyGray_ If you’re a fan of karma, @PhillipCoorey outlines Abbott’s failure in calm political conditions pic.twitter.com/6Aqpyfuslc

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:27 AM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Hah! For all that Turnbull’s doorstop was “We’re just going for a walk”, the transcript was on his website damn fast. malcolmturnbull.com.au/media/liberal-…

@R_Chirgwin Nah, that Yagi is going straight in just as it is.

via TweetDeck in reply to R_Chirgwin

There’s no need for me to watch “Insiders” because I have Twitter. I get the arsehats filtered through more arsehats.

Me, earlier: Sunday. If you’ve been waiting for the asteroid impact, then today will seem an eternity. Sunday.

@ataraxite I don’t care how it comes at this stage. The key issue is that it must happen quickly.

via TweetDeck in reply to ataraxite

Struggling with the shame of having used unmatched bracketing in a previous tweet. Crying.

Struggling to suppress a weird and somewhat unsettling urge to turn on That Television Program. Please send help.

@paulkidd It was the inevitable consequence of the time, I think.

via TweetDeck in reply to paulkidd

@SnarkyPlatypus How could you possibly know what ABC TV promos are on just before 0900 Sunday Unless…? [Shudders.]

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

It’s the final countdown.

I guess there is no one to blame [except Labor, presumably). We’re leaving ground. Will things ever be the same again?

We’re leaving together, but still it’s farewell. And maybe we’ll come back,
to Earth, who can tell?

It’s now just 24 hours until the start of the rescheduled Liberal party room meeting. youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-Nc…

oberonsghost Very tempting to talk about blowing loads too early.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:53 AM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

I am the King of the divan.

RT @paulkidd: @stilgherrian Ça plane pour moi. It makes as much sense as the last 16 months. [Yes. youtube.com/watch?v=bVDfmn…]

RT @pelagikat: @stilgherrian Things Can Only Get Better by D-Ream? [LOL! This was UK Labour’s theme song in… in whatever year it was.]

cmy1961 BREAKING news: ALP wins Maryborough & 44th seat - will form govt. Foley concedes - 900 behind w/only 3900 prefs to count tomorrow.

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:40 AM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Oh I’m getting lots of good suggestions for theme music for Crusader Rabbit’s time as PM. Keep ‘em coming. Will so something with them.

KJBar PM Abbott to make a press statement at 0900 in Sydney

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:37 AM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Actually, with the Liberal party room meeting now 0900 Monday, any podcast comments I make would be out of date in half a day.

murpharoo Morning. Spill motion to be considered Monday pic.twitter.com/6k6IkoWjbd

via iOS (retweeted on 8:34 AM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Indeed, what are your suggestions for a theme song for Crusader Rabbit’s time as Prime Minister?

Now, I need a song to introduce my comments on Crusader Rabbit in this podcast thing. Any suggestions?

vanOnselenP Tony Abbott bringing the party room meeting forward to Monday, right after Malcolm Turnbull said it should stay on Tuesday as planned.

via Echofon (retweeted on 8:31 AM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

This children’s Bible I retweeted via @aurosan earlier? pic.twitter.com/yNJVGP8vPf It’s a parody. awkwardmomentsbible.com HT @svndl via @johnb78

AnemosNaftilos@mariawilliamson: Pic from London Agreement 1953 agrees 2 halve German Debt: pic.twitter.com/sSEapmH6gx

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:28 AM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

RT @SnarkyPlatypus: Why do people even keep chihuahuas anyway []

RT @glengyron: I see @stilgherrian is choosing which watchlists he wants to be added to today. [There’s some I’m not on already?]

thegrugq Give a man an 0day and he’ll have access for a day, teach a man to phish and he’ll have access for life.

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 8:22 AM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

@SnarkyPlatypus Maybe I’ll focus more on the Florida chap who has sex with the family chihuahua. Perhaps he’d make a good PM.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

RT @juhasaarinen: “lindsay lohan changed his profile photo.” Should remove my Google+ account… [Oh this is excellent work!]

@SnarkyPlatypus That would be the one, yes. And this is my dilemma for today. Do I really want to add to the journalist feels?

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@davispg @zdnetaustralia Thank you. But I think it would be unfair to extend my description further than it goes.

via TweetDeck in reply to davispg

fanfiction_txt I would like to give you a medal myself… it’s for being the most pathetic human being who walked the earth.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:12 AM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

RT @cathywilcox1: Navel gazing. pic.twitter.com/JfcDiWr8zm [Yet more nice work, thank you.]

aurosan this is an actual page from an actual children’s bible pic.twitter.com/u0WirxrQHg

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:08 AM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

But no matter what, I am not watching That Television Program.

I suppose I really do need to soak myself in Rabbitfreude this morning, so “The 9pm Edict” script is sufficiently bitter this afternoon.

“Tony Abbott spins out of control”, wrote @latingle Saturday. afr.com/p/national/pol…

@19bk69 Oh. So obvious that I hadn’t even thought of it. I am an idiot.

via TweetDeck in reply to 19bk69

@19bk69 I have decided that this year I will take better advantage of my (rather tiny) status as an actual* academic.

via TweetDeck in reply to 19bk69

jaketapper This was published 25 years ago this week

(Hat tip @BuzzFeedBen) pic.twitter.com/2GCuYKgEtR

via iOS (retweeted on 7:48 AM, Feb 8th, 2015 via TweetDeck)

@timpoliti Or even 70s band jokes. No, I shan’t be submitting myself to an aural waterboarding this week.

via TweetDeck in reply to timpoliti

@19bk69 Meh. I’m UTS staff, so I can wander around the Gehry building any time. The podcast will advance the agenda a bit too.

via TweetDeck in reply to 19bk69

Me at @zdnetaustralia Fri: “Why a dumb security video will help you work smarter, not harder” zdnet.com/article/why-a-… pic.twitter.com/vjKlmVkPdR

Here’s last week’s “The 9pm Edict”. If you want to send an audio comment, I’ll need it by 1800 AEDT today. stilgherrian.com/edict/00034/

Sun plan, draft: A little planning; produce an episode of “The 9pm Edict” podcast; write a blog post; all at an easy a pace as possible.