Finally, somebody understands the internet. Prime Minister Crusader Rabbit demonstrates his compassion towards Syrian refugees. And the Rabbit’s words at the launch of the Australian Border Force in July turn out to have been remarkably prescient.
In this podcast, there’s talk of Nazis, drag queens, Transvision Vamp, and maps.
If you’d like to comment on this episode, please add your comment below, or Skype to stilgherrian or phone Sydney +61 2 8011 3733.
Audience tickets are still available for The 9pm Edict’s Public House Forum next Saturday 12 September.
Thank you, Media Freedom Citizenry!
This is the second of several episodes produced as part of The 9pm Urgent Hardware Refresh, a crowdfunding campaign to replace a dying computer, and upgrade my audio recording kit. It has proved remarkably successful, for which I am extremely grateful. My thanks go to so many people, but for this episode…
The TWO MINUTES HATE were sponsored by MEDIA FREEDOM LEADERS Jonathan Ferguson, Mick Fong, and Peter Lawler. The TONGUE LASHINGS were sponsored by A-GRADE EVANGELISTS FOR MEDIA FREEDOM Alison Young, and Stuart Young. A CASUAL VERBALLING was sponsored by B-GRADE EVANGELIST FOR MEDIA FREEDOM Peter Wickins. The words for ONE OF THREE WORDS were selected by FOOT SOLDIERS FOR MEDIA FREEDOM Wade Bowmer, Di Kennedy, Susan Rankin, and someone whose name has been lost in the system.
My sincere thanks also go to the unnamed MEDIA FREEDOM CITIZENS who contributed.
- Josh Ostrovsky explains the internet to Katie Couric, as reported by On the Media in their story, The Fat Jew: Superstar or Supervillain? (Part 1), 28 August 2015.
- “We don’t want a detention centre led economy”, Tony Abbott’s soundbite, was reported by ABC TV’s Insiders, 6 September 2015. Transcript of press conference.
- Border Force ‘a quantum leap forward’, Sky News Australia, 1 July 2015.
- Border Force operation shut down on same day of announcement after community reaction, ABC Radio’s PM, 28 August 2015.
- Operation Fortitude press release “clumsily worded”: Border Force commissioner, ABC News, 28 August 2015.
- Dutton’s office ignored Border Force briefing, Sky News Australia, 30 August 2015.
- Border Force fiasco calls into question culture and leadership of ‘paramilitary’ group, The Canberra Times, 4 September 2015.
- Inside Border Force’s power, The Saturday Paper, 5 September 2015.
- Australia’s Brutal Treatment of Migrants, The New York Times, 3 September 2015.
- The Mafia in Australia: Blood Ties, ABC TV’s Four Corners, 7 July 2015.
- Audio of Tony Abbott’s press conference, 6 September 2015 from ABC News24.
- Nicholas Fryer may be found at nickfryer.net.
- Transvision Vamp’s “I Want Your Love” (1988) obtained from YouTube.
li>Border Force: what is it, and why do we need it?, News.com.au, 6 July 2016.
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.
- Photograph of the Trinity atmospheric nuclear test, July 1945, by the US Government via Wikimedia Commons.
[Picture: Australian Border Force Commissioner Roman Quaedvlieg, in a screenshot from ABC TV, 28 August 2015.]