A random man shares his fear, a fear we all share. Nicholas Fryer makes life more enjoyable. And you know that end of the world thing? Pffft. The Cold War. That all turned out OK, so what’s the worry?
There’s also talk of gamified urination, paranoia, nuclear war, legumes, gelato, and bamboo. And Nicholas Fryer takes a look through The Arch Window.
You can listen to the podcast above or below. But if you want all of the episodes, now and in the future, subscribe to the podcast feed, or subscribe automatically in iTunes, or go to SoundCloud or Spreaker.
Thank you, Media Freedom Citizenry
If you enjoyed this podcast, please throw a few coins into the tip jar.
Thanks this episode to Joop de Wit, Joshua McKinnon, Bob Ogden, Brian Smith, Chris Rauchle, Chris Hill, Lisa Reid, Drew Mayo, Garth Kidd, Michael Neale, Jono Ferguson, David King, Mel Lunn, and six people who choose to remain anonymous.
And for contributions to my Toothocalype dental health costs, it’s thank you to: Keith Duddy, Susan Ireland, Benno Rice, Colin Thompson, Paul McElwee, David King, Adam Baxter, the very generous Toothy Goodness, ad two people who choose to remain anonymous, including one who feel guilty because they too forgot to visit the dentist.
I love you all.
- Peter Garrett and the perpetual present of politics by Bernard Keane, 19 February 2010.
- Post 801: Kill the Hallucinating Goldfish, 13 January 2008.
- Liar in Chief, Jonathan Pie, 20 October 2017.
- Foryee Cute Frog Potty Training Urinal for Boys with Funny Aiming Target.
- Potty training is bullshit, and that frog toilet can go to hell.
- Founders Brewery’s reDANKulous Imperial Red IPA.
- BBC presenter Simon McCoy delivers fantastically lacklustre report on the royal baby due date, Evening Standard, 18 October 2017.
- ABC TV’s Four Corners episode, What’s wrong the NBN?.
- US Preparing to Put Nuclear Bombers Back on 24-Hour Alert, Defence One, 23 October 2017.
- Report: US bombers preparing for 24-hour alert status, Fox News, 23 October 3017.
- Martin Pfeiffer’s commentary on 24/7 runway alert.
- Semi-satirical CINCSAC Decision Matrix.
- Comments on 1983 Nuclear War Scare.
- US Air Force denied report of putting nuclear bombers on 24-hour alert, WION, 23 October 2017.
- No Nuke Bombers On Call 24/7, But Alert Centers Being Upgraded, Breaking Defense, 23 October 2017.
- Trump on North Korean nuclear threat, Iran nuclear deal with Sean Hannity, Fox News, 11 October 2017.
- Deadly Overconfidence: Trump Thinks Missile Defenses Work Against North Korea, And That Should Scare You, War on the Rocks, 16 October 2017.
- Nicholas Fryer may be found at nickfryer.net.
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.
- Photograph of the Trinity atmospheric nuclear test, July 1945, by the US Government via Wikimedia Commons.
Update 25 October: Sharp-eyed readers have noticed that the Fox News report shows a USAF B-1B bomber, when the story is about the B-52 bomber. Meh, close enough for Fox News, right?
[Photo: Screenshot from Fox News.]
Tags: abel archer, b-52, beer, donald trump, gin, hallucinating goldfish, jonathan pie, martin pfeiffer, nicholas fryer, north korea, nuclear war, paranoia, telstra, tony abbott, urinal, war on the rocks
Comments are now closed.