North Korea launched yet another ballistic missile in the general direction of the ocean. So stick a nuke on it, and we’re fucked. Well, Japan is fucked. Or the oceans is fucked. Whatever.
There’s also stories from my recent travels, cybersecurity, spooks, terrorists, and something from the Dough Anthony All Stars. And of course Nicholas Fryer with a look through The Arch Window.
But overall, the message is that we’re fucked, the man running America is a goose, so we’re really, really fucked. Plus other stuff.
You can listen to the podcast above or below. But if you want all of the episodes, now and in the future, subscribe to the podcast feed, or subscribe automatically in iTunes, or go to SoundCloud or Spreaker.
Thank you, Media Freedom Citizenry
If you enjoyed this podcast, please throw a few coins into the tip jar.
Thanks this episode to Joop de Wit, Jodie Miners, Paul Davis, Anthony Baxter, Eric Karlson, Brendan Forster, Simon Harris, Benno Rice, Melissa Madsen, Valued Cardholder, and four people who choose to remain anonymous. Your generosity is appreciated.
- Rex Tillerson has exactly 23 words in response to North Korea’s missile launch, Quartz, 5 April 2017.
- April Fools’ Day in Russia: Call the embassy and press 3 for ‘election interference’, Chicago Tribune, 1 April 2017.
- Ivanka Trump: ‘I don’t know what it means to be complicit’, CNN, 5 April 2017.
- Cold War fake news: Why Russia lied over Aids and JFK, BBC News, 1 April 2017.
- Spy who came in from the cold thanks to a packet of cheese and onion crisps: A true story more gripping than Le Carre, Daily Mail, 7 July 2015.
- Oleg Gordievsky: Interview, Time Out, 15 May 2006.
- “This is London in 1993 after an IRA truck bomb. We didn’t ban Irish people or Catholics, we understood it was just a small group of cunts”, tweeted by @UnnamedInsider.
- “Looks like @OilandGasJob got pwned,” tweeted Troy Hunt.
- North Korea’s Rising Ambition Seen in Bid to Breach Global Banks, New York Times, 25 Match 2017.
- Trolls Are Winning the Internet, Technologists Say, The Atlantic, 29 March 2017
- Nicholas Fryer may be found at nickfryer.net.
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.
- Photograph of the Trinity atmospheric nuclear test, July 1945, by the US Government via Wikimedia Commons.
[Photo: Ivanka Trump, daughter of US President Donald Trump, from CBS News via CNN.]