Attorney-General Soapy the Ankle QC demonstrates his openness to new information. And Malcolm Turnbull invents a new future for Australia. It’s a turbulent future, and Turnbull says we just have to deal with it.
In this podcast — an episode that should never have happened — there’s talk of technology, foreskins, special new jargon terms, and the media.
If you’d like to comment on this episode, please add your comment below, or Skype to stilgherrian or phone Sydney +61 2 8011 3733. The audio comment judged best for February will win a slightly read copy of John Birmingham’s new novel Emergence.
Everyone who subscribes before the end of February 2015 will receive a free ebook with my writings on surveillance, politics and the Five Eyes alliance. More details soon.
This episode, it’s welcome to new SCHOONER subscribers Chris McBride, Timothy Bell, and Glen Germaine. Many thanks also to generous one-off donor Judith Jones. Much appreciated.
- ‘Democracies must be on front foot’ says George Brandis as Government prepares new laws, ABC TV’s 7.30, 20 February 2015.
- Corrupted Nerds Extra: Malcolm Turnbull opens NICTA Techfest 2015, 21 February 2015.
- The Wikipedia entries for Robin Dunbar and the Dunbar Number.
- The Wikipedia entry on special pleading.
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.
- Photograph of the Trinity atmospheric nuclear test, July 1945, by the US Government via Wikimedia Commons.
[Photo: Malcolm Turnbull photographed at NICTA Techfest by Stilgherrian, 21 February 2015.]
Comments are now closed.
5at5 50 to 50 Artemis Medical Fund Arts Blogging Business Conversations Defence Ecology Engineering Enmore Film Found Art Getting Things Done Hallucinating Goldfish History Human Nature Humour Internet Language Marketing Media Melbourne Music Only One Name Personal Photography Politics Privacy Project TOTO Religion Space Stilgherrian Live Sydney Thailand The 9pm Edict The Core Transparency Weekly Poll Weekly Wrap