Australia’s new PM Lord Wentworth has some tips for interpersonal success. Nicholas Fryer has some tips for frustrated parents. And there’s nothing — absolutely nothing — about last weekend’s football finals, or this weekend’s motor racing.
In this podcast, there’s talk of resilience, hallucinating goldfish, electric eels, economics, and squid jism.
If you’d like to comment on this episode, please add your comment below, or Skype to stilgherrian or phone Sydney +61 2 8011 3733.
Thank you, Media Freedom Citizenry!
This is the fifth of several episodes produced as part of The 9pm Urgent Hardware Refresh, a crowdfunding campaign to replace a dying computer, and upgrade my audio recording kit. That campaign proved remarkably successful, for which I am extremely grateful. My thanks go to so many people, but for this episode…
The CASUAL VERBALLINGS were sponsored by B-GRADE EVANGELISTS FOR MEDIA FREEDOM Greg Randolph, and Hamish Taylor. The ONE OF THREE WORDS were sponsored by FOOT SOLDIERS FOR MEDIA FREEDOM Deejbah, Mark Pesce, and someone whose name cannot be found. My sincere thanks also go to the unnamed MEDIA FREEDOM CITIZENS who contributed.
Thanks also to Stuart Young for another generous one-off contribution.
- Description of The 9pm Edict from ABC Radio National’s Media Report, 1 October 2015.
- PM and Government can provide leadership and confidence suggests Malcolm Turnbull, ABC TV’s 7.30, 21 September 2015.
- How children lost the right to roam in four generations, Daily Mail, 15 June 2007.
- Return of the Hallucinating Goldfish: Help!, 30 October 2010.
- Peter Garrett and the perpetual present of politics, Bernard Keane, Crikey, 19 February 2010.
- Malcolm Turnbull junks tax white paper in major ‘reset’, The Sydney Morning Herald, 23 September 2015.
- People are buying Ferraris, Joe Hockey – that doesn’t make them affordable, Greg Jericho, The Guardian, 12 June 2015.
- Joe Hockey’s Interview with Neil Mitchell, Mornings with Neil Mitchell, 3AW, 19 January 2015. This link is a transcript on Joe Hockey’s website, so it may well vanish.
- Fact check: Joe Hockey’s claim that people work half the year to pay income tax incorrect, ABC News, 4 February 2015.
- Hockey labelled out of touch for saying poorest people don’t have cars or drive far, ABC Radio’s PM, 13 August 2015.
- Oppn labels Hockey ‘out of touch’ for comparing GP co-payments to cost of beer, ABC Radio’s The World Today, 15 May 2014.
- It’s not a lack of self-control that keeps people poor, The Conversation, 22 September 2015.
- Nicholas Fryer may be found at nickfryer.net.
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.
- Photograph of the Trinity atmospheric nuclear test, July 1945, by the US Government via Wikimedia Commons.
[Picture: Malcolm Turnbull screenshot from ABC TV’s 7.30, 21 September 2015.]